Complaint Review: Affordable Mattresses

• Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By: grayc — north hollywood California
Affordable Mattresses
7545 Reseda Blvd, Reseda CA reseda, California USA

Affordable Mattresses AKA Furniture OneFurniture One Reseda fraud, will take your money, will not deliver products, poor customer service reseda California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I am NOT affiliated with Furniture One

I ordered my California King mattress, boxspring, and frame on Thursday. PAID CASH!! They told me that it wasnt going to be delivered until Saturday evening between 7-9pm. When 830 rolls around, I call Desiree' the manager to find out whats going on. She stated that they had been trying to call me all day but it was going to a fax number. She stated that my mattress wasnt put on the truck, so we had to wait till Tuesday evening. I was upset at this, but let it slide considering I only paid $400 for everything, including delivery and taxes.

Tuesday rolls around and I call that morning to confirm my mattress delivery for that evening. She stated everything was a go. 8pm rolls around and the delivery driver calls stating he will be at my house in 40 minutes. He then asked if I could have someone help him bring it up, because he is by himself. We became upset and confused as to why a company would send ONLY ONE PERSON to deliver a CALIFORNIA KING bed. Why did we pay a delivery fee if we have to help deliver it ourselves.

We told him that if we have to help bring it in and set it up, the price needs to change and we would call Desiree to work this out. She stated she was going to find out what was going on. When the driver called us back saying he didnt have anyone to help, we tried calling the manager back but her phone was going straight to voicemail. We called her and the driver a few times in which neither answered or returned our calls. So in essence.....we STILL HAVE NO BED!!!! At this point, action WILL BE taken!!!

I should have read reviews on this place before purchasing, as now I see there are several bad reviews floating on the internet. Do not purchase from them!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Affordable-Mattresses/reseda-California/Affordable-Mattresses-AKA-Furniture-OneFurniture-One-Reseda-fraud-will-take-your-money-1062226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Affordable Mattresses

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I am NOT affiliated with Furniture One

AUTHOR: Desiree - ()

Well I was suprised to get a call in regards to this incident. I will readily admit that the delivery was late due to unforseen complications with the factory. I spoke with the customer on Saturday and rescheduled the delivery to Tuesday. On Tuesday the delivery driver was all set to deliver the mattress and the customer decided they didn't want to bring it inside.  The delivery fee we charge is just that, delivery. WE do not bring it in your house, we do not set it up, we do not put sheets on it. We bring it to you. The driver was being nice when he offered to help them bring it upstairs to their apartment.

The other point I would like to raise is, Furniture One is no longer in exsistance. I have not now nor have I ever owned Furniture One. The company has been gone from this location for over 2 years.  As you see the need to slander and affiliate me with this company, I feel the need to address this. Please provide some kind of something to say that I owned this store if you are going to affiliate me with it.  Otherwise I think you need to remove that information.

I have offered to refund your delivery money and you can come pick up the mattress set you purchased from the store. I have also offered to have it redelivered to your house this evening. I am not sure how you were "ripped off" and feel this review is warranted, but I am leaving my response here as well. Good luck to you and I hope we are able to get this resolved in a timely fashion.