Complaint Review: Aflac Insurence

• Submitted: Tue, November 28, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 24, 2010

• Reported By:Brecksvile Ohio
Aflac Insurence
aflac.com Cleveland, Ohio U.S.A.

Aflac Insurence internal cover up ripoff Cleveland ,Ohio

*Consumer Comment: How to get resolution

When the company Iam employed at was offering enrollment in Aflac Insurence I had jumped at the chance to see what it was all about . Their staff had come to get me signed up for my policies that I had picked and said that my employer would start to deduct for my accident ,sickness and personal disability policies and i would recieve my paper work in the mail.

I had recieved my policies for accident and personal disability .I had contacted the agent and they said that they would get it taken care of for me and not to worry that i was covered for the sickness policy.This was May of 2005.

By June i was contacted by this same agent An told that there had been a mistake and the policy was not processed so He would come back and get me signed up for the policy . I knew that he was a trainee agent at the time and did not complain to his superviser . So I made sure that the Owner of the company that I work for and my superviser that i was signing up for this policy for the second time, more less to have a witness in case thier was any other problems.

So this time I had a Carbon Copy of my policy and also a automatic withdraw form to pay my premiums filed with my employer. By that fall Nov 2005 I was told that I had to Get exploritory Surgery of my Chest With a Byopsy'of my lungs at 26 years of age I was Terrified . None the less I have to Be out of work for 2 Months to recover and lose pay .

I find Out that when I Tried to file a Claim on My sickness policy that it did not exist. My employer had been with holding my premiums for the policy and also has been contacting Aflac and The agents supervisor sence Nov 2005, and we keep getting told that they are working on getting this resolved .

Now it is Dec 2006, and Istill have not recieved a phone Call , Apology ,policy. All I get is a Large amount of medical Bills that I can't pay and I am still having money withheld for this aflac policy . I hope There is somebody that can please help me... Thank You for Listening

Nathan
Brecksvile, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2006 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aflac-Insurence/Cleveland-Ohio/Aflac-Insurence-internal-cover-up-ripoff-Cleveland-Ohio-222767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aflac Insurence

How to get resolution

AUTHOR: "BOB" Rouge Agent - (United States of America)

Each and every Aflac agent, (and any other insurance agent) has what is called E&O insurrance. (Errors and Ommissions)  This insurance usually has a cap of 1 million per claim with no more the 2 claims per year.  This protects the agent much like malpractice insurance  does for doctors.  Seek out a lawyer and file aginst the agent that made this mistake.