Complaint Review: Aflorist.net, Lovin Blooms

• Submitted: Wed, October 09, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, October 03, 2012

• Reported By:Malden MA
Aflorist.net, Lovin Blooms
3535 Pio Nono Avenue Macon, Georgia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-289-9859
  • Web:
  • Category: Florists

aflorist.net, Lovin Blooms homophobic rep screwed up grandfather's funeral!! Macon Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Info on "Mr. Tracy"

*Consumer Suggestion: Deal only with a florist with an address in the city of delivery.

Ordered a flower arrangement for Grandfather's funeral of cut flowers in vase, about $70. Arrived at wake to find brown basket with live plant, my guess about $25. Spent previous few days helping my elderly mom make all arrangements - I was beat. Very angry and embarrassed at funeral. Called aflorist after funeral.

First person, Mr. Tracy, after much discussion, said order was keyed wrong (a $39 plant was ordered in error) and I would have to return the plant to the local florist (Arlington, MA) for refund. I did not like this answer - why should I have to do the work when they screwed up a very important order. Did I really need problems with the flowers, on top of losing my grandfather and trying to help my mother?

He also questioned my "christian values" and said at least I am "not a faggot". (I asked the card to be signed Gary and Allan, my partner). Spoke to another rep, who apologized but repeated that the burden is on me to fix this. Lastly, received an email from a "supervisor"(?), Donna, who said the company is sorry for the error, but I have to take the plant back within 24 hours to get a refund.

So, this florist in Georgia blows this last gesture I make to say goodbye to my grandfather, calls me a "faggot" and takes no responsibility for their actions! What a sucky way to learn to order only from a local florist!

Gary
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2002 03:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afloristnet-Lovin-Blooms/Macon-Georgia-31206/afloristnet-Lovin-Blooms-homophobic-rep-screwed-up-grandfathers-funeral-Macon-Georgia-32157. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aflorist.net, Lovin Blooms

Info on "Mr. Tracy"

AUTHOR: Earl Turner - (United States of America)

So he actually said "at least I'm not a f*ggot"?

Wow really?

Tracy Wells is a CROSSDRESSER!  He was arrested in Cordele, GA for soliciting sodomy from an undercover cop!  He regularly posts on Craigslist as a "CD gurl" looking for men to have sex with.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Deal only with a florist with an address in the city of delivery.

AUTHOR: Tom - (U.S.A.)

As a florist, I am embarassed by what this person experienced. If her dealings were with the florist who filled the order, then I am doubly embarassed. Here is what appears to have happened.

The lady placed an order with a company who IS NOT A REAL FLORIST. In recent years and because of the Internet, there are scores of Websites that are owned by Non-florists, meaning that they do not have a brick & mortar shop, just a bank of telephone and computer operators. We REAL FLORISTS refer to them as "Order Gatherers" and they are ripping off the consumer. They charge prices from a "national price list", add on excessive "shipping and handling charges" and have been known to send the order to a Filling Florist for less money than the consumer paid.

The Filling Florist is obligated to fill orders to full value and if they don't they should be subject discipline

I don't know all the story here, but the moral of this experience is always deal with a local florist you know or it going direct, deal with a florist who has a physical address in the city where the flowers will be delivered.

Not all Internet Website Florists are dishonest. Unfortunately the, the wire services, FTD and TELEFLORA are allowing unscrupulous order gatherers to be members of what once was a very reliable service.

My shop no longer belongs to either of these wire services for the reasons stated above.