Complaint Review: Afni Collection Agency

• Updated: Wed, May 15, 2013

• Reported By: Cara — Sausalito California
Afni Collection Agency
Bloomington Illinois Bloomington , Illinois USA

Afni Collection Agency Afni is a big and profitable scam-looks like they will never be stopped! Bloomington Illinois

In 2011 I received a collection letter from AFNI saying they were collecting a debt that had been transferred to them from ATT. I told AFNI that I would pay nothing until I consulted with ATT.  They told me that that would be useless as the account had been turned over to them for collection. I called ATT & after being transferred about,they found no money owed. I ignored the letter only to receive a 2nd letter offering to cut the amount in half.  I again called ATT but they were still unable to find any money owed.  I looked at all the info online and saw that AFNI can ruin your credit, so I went ahead & paid, only to find that this amount now appears on my credit report & it will remain on it for 7 years!!!  This is the biggest rip-off I have encountered and they are getting away with this on a large scale.  I wish I had known what a monumental scam this is !!!    BEWARE!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 07:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Collection-Agency/Bloomington-Illinois/Afni-Collection-Agency-Afni-is-a-big-and-profitable-scam-looks-like-they-will-never-be-s-1051271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni Collection Agency