Complaint Review: Afni Collections Agency

• Reported By: anotheronescamed — bellmore New York USA
Afni Collections Agency
404 Brock dr. PO Box 3097 Bloomington, New York United States of America

Afni Collections Agency The next biggest scam in america Bloomington, New York

*Consumer Comment: Anyone want to sue this company?

*Consumer Comment: afni

I was trying to refinance when my bank told me that they could not because of a collections against my report.  I was quite surprised as I have excellent credit and have never had any such derogatory information as this against me.  I contacted the credit reporting agency and was told my Equifax that this company has me down for $64.00.  The catch is that they have me listed as having service in 2007 but with an address which is 12 years ago.  when I contacted them and told them that I never had a Verizon account which is true they got very annoyed with me.  I sopke with Rhonda and she was not helpful at all.  I told her that I make enough money to pay this off but this type of injustice cannot me tolerated and I am asking for an investigation.  The other major problem I have with this company is that they can only identify you by your SS#.  It is against the law to ask someone for their SS# and to store it for that matter.  I am willing to bring this company to justice if anyone else wants to.  Why is the Government allowing such to go on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2009 09:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Collections-Agency/Bloomington-New-York-61702/Afni-Collections-Agency-The-next-biggest-scam-in-america-Bloomington-New-York-509693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni Collections Agency

Anyone want to sue this company?

AUTHOR: Just Me - (United States of America)

I too had to deal with this company - my husband and I were buying a new house and this company had put on my credit report that I owed a phone bill. The company they said I owed was Qwest - funny thing is my current internet and phone is with Qwest. I'm sure if I had owed this bill - I wouldn't be currently using Qwest services. I too have excellent credit and this just about ruined my credit.

I filed a BBB report as well as my State Attorney General and the FTC.

AFNI - did take this off my credit report - because the social security # was different than mine.

What I want to know is how can some company report derogatory accounts on your credit report - without even contacting you - to see if the bill is even yours?

When they did this to me - It cost me almost 100 point on my score. Thank goodness they did correct their mistake - but they need to change the way they do business - they are destroying peoples lives. Defamation of Character suits anyone?

afni

AUTHOR: glenn - (United States of America)

i have paid afni over 800 dollars in feb. 2010 for collections on my credit report. i was trying to pay off some debt to reastablish my credit score and they were on my report. i contacted this company and they said i owed alot of money to companies i have heard of but didnt ever use. i could have used that money to pay off other debtd that i owed. this company need =s to be reported and brought to justice.