Complaint Review: Afni Collections

• Submitted: Thu, September 29, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 29, 2011

• Reported By: AJ — st augustine Florida United States of America
Afni Collections
404 Brock Drive Bloomington, IL 61701 Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

Afni Collections Paul Fake, harrasement fraud Bloomington, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: And you won't

To start off with, I have been receiving 3 to 4 calls a day from an UNKNOWN number on my caller ID.

After several weeks of getting these calls, the number was shown on my ID, but no Name, I decided to call this number back, with my phone number blocked and asked WHO they were. The initial response was, my name is Paul sir, again I asked who the company was, again it was stated, my name is Paul sir. I finally said, ok Paul, I have that who is the Company you are working for... with some hesitation and reservations, he finally said this is AFNI Collections, and we are attempting to collect a debt. At this point, I have NOT told them who I am, but stated that, I have NO DEBTS with any company called AFNI and hung up the phone.

After researching the name, I find they are a SCAM company, which then lead me to this site.

Now that I know what the deal is... I will answer the next call, to which I will have some FUN with them.  I have already written all the legal letters that were suggested, so now, we are gonna have some fun.

So if you get any called from a company called AFNI, do NOT discuss anything with them, unless like me, you want to have some fun with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2011 12:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Collections/Bloomington-Illinois-61701/Afni-Collections-Paul-Fake-harrasement-fraud-Bloomington-Illinois-782959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni Collections

And you won't

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I have NO DEBTS with any company called AFNI and hung up the phone
They are a legitimate(well as legitimate as a debt collector can be) company.  They buy up old delinquent accounts so if you are delinquent it would have been from another company.  So you have to ask yourself are you delinquent with ANY creditor?

Now, you do have rights under the Fair Debit Collection Practices Act(FDCPA), and if they violate any provision you have the right to file a suit against them.  They are a company that is well known for FDCPA violations.

I don't really know what "fun" you are going to have with them, but remember that if you are calling a Toll-Free number your phone number is exposed even if you block it.   If they ask for a specific person and you state you are that person(when in fact you are not), you may be bordering on Identity Theft and/or fraud.  If you start to use abusive language with them they may take that as you are actually that person and will continue to keep calling, any physical threats may cause them to take action with your local law enforcement.

While I am sure it may make you "feel better" to have some "FUN", your best course of action would be following the FDCPA and taking action against them if the violate it.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC