Complaint Review: Afni, Inc Verizon North Inc

• Updated: Sun, September 20, 2009

• Reported By: Denise — Stickney Illinois USA
Afni, Inc Verizon North Inc
404 Brock Drive Bloomingdale, Illinois United States of America

Afni - Verizon North Never had an account with this company Bloomingdale Illinois

I received a letter in the mail from this company.  First off, I should say that it was addressed in my maiden name, which I haven't used on over 10 years.

I don't even know if this is supposedly for cellular service or home service, but it really doesn't matter because prior to my getting married, I was living at home with my parents. I did not own a cell phone. And the home phone service was, as still is, in my father's name.

The first sentence of the letter reads "We are making another attempt to contact you regarding your overdue account." This is the first time I have ever received anything from this company so I don't know how they are "making another attempt", when they never made any attempt in the first place.

The letter states I owe in excess of $800.00, but are willing to settle for $50.00.  How many companies do you know that will accept that small amount for such a large amount that I supposedly owe? None that I know of.

I have no intentions of paying this bill, nor am I going to make any attempt to contact them. Or maybe I will and tell them that I have attempeted to settle this debt just like they say the are "making another attempt to contact me". LOL

I just hope that people are smart enough not to fall for this scam and send them money. I know I'm not.

Thanks for letting me vent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2009 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Inc-Verizon-North-Inc/Bloomingdale-Illinois-61702/Afni-Verizon-North-Never-had-an-account-with-this-company-Bloomingdale-Illinois-497707. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni, Inc Verizon North Inc