Complaint Review: Afni, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, April 05, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 11, 2008

• Reported By:Guadalupe California
Afni, Inc.
P.O. Box 3427 Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

Afni, Inc. Overdue Amount of $471.33 for Charter Communications -- Like H*ll! Bloomington Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: AFNI is a collection agency

*Consumer Comment: RE:

*Author of original report: UPDATE: AFNI, Inc. HERE COMES THE CALIF. GIRL YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE MESSED WITH!

Same story, different day. According to this fraudulent scam, I owe $471.33 for my overdue account to Charter Communications. However, they will "graciously" accept half the amount and I will no longer have to worry about the obligation. Yeah, right.

Unbelievable! I must admit, they "almost" had me, until I googled their company name. So, now, I suppose I'm stuck going through the crap of getting this off my credit report. Why can't these people get REAL jobs?

I will be filing all the necessary reports, together with reporting this to my local TV station. Good luck to everyone else and, please, don't let them mow you down! These type of people are low-life morons!

John
Guadalupe, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2008 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Inc/Bloomington-Illinois-61702-3427/Afni-Inc-Overdue-Amount-of-47133-for-Charter-Communications-Like-Hll-Bloomington-323985. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni, Inc.

AFNI is a collection agency

AUTHOR: Bananaloca - (U.S.A.)

An acct goes to AFNI after the acct is 120 days past due....hence the 473...AFNI is an ACTUAL collection agency which handles Charter's collection business. Before you are sent to AFNI though you get countless letters, countless calls, and even bills which say on the back if the amount is disputed to call Charter or to contact the FCC.

RE:

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

It's basically an extortion racket.....where they try to force you to pay to have your credit report cleared...even if you don't ow the debt...

Send debt validation request to all 3 credit bureaus....

UPDATE: AFNI, Inc. HERE COMES THE CALIF. GIRL YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE MESSED WITH!

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Just a follow-up to my original report regarding Afni, Inc. I filed a report on this web site, filed one with the FTC and the United States Post Office, fraud department. Today, I called the company Afni said I owed money to (Charter Communications) to verify what I already knew. I DO NOT owe them any monies! PLEASE, if you haven't done this, DO IT! Call the company your accused of owing, ask to speak to a supervisor and get your status verified.

I am going to go to my local Charter office and GET IT IN WRITING and THEN take on Afni, Inc. I wish the FBI or some government agency would get involved and position someone near the address Afni is using (P.O. Box 61702, Bloomington, IL) and determine just whom is collecting any money from these fraudulent collections.

Anyone out there in Illinois want to take that task on? I HATE this kind of thing and want these jackasses to get busted!