• Report: #771956

Complaint Review: Afni Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, September 01, 2011
  • Updated: Thu, September 01, 2011

• Reported By: VoodooMedicineMan — Victorville California United States of America
Afni Inc.
1310 MLK Drive Bloomington, Illinois United States of America

Afni Inc. Billing rip-off! Bloomington, Illinois

Afni Inc. has contacted me through the mail with a settlement of half of a bill I never incurred. The bill is question is for $672.80 and they (Afni) are willing to settle for half, on behalf of AT&T Mobility.  I find that Afni is the subject of multiple lawsuits for fraudulently insisting and demanding payment on bills that are often times settled between the consumer and the original reporting company.

Afni insists they've sent several letters to me over a 9-year period -- yet, somehow, they seem to not know where I live until now, so when I questioned the supervisor, Tony, he couldn't provide any information other than that I had 'apparently' used the service (through Cingular) and defaulted on payments when I cancelled the contract in 2002. I had cellular phones through AT&T in 1998 and returned them within the 30-day period (as agreed to in the money-back policy) because the phones kept dropping calls.

How could I have a contract four years after I settled the problem unless AT&T didn't do their paperwork? If AT&T can't do their job, it's not on me to pay back for something I don't own. AFni is not supposed to be collecting on a debt that never occurred, but they will let me know within 30 days, because I disputed the claim.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2011 12:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Inc/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/Afni-Inc-Billing-rip-off-Bloomington-Illinois-771956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni Inc.