Complaint Review: Afni, Inc

• Submitted: Mon, December 31, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 31, 2007

• Reported By:Allentown Pennsylvania
Afni, Inc
PO Box 3427 Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

Afni, Inc fraudulent debt collection attempt Bloomington Illinois

Today my huband and I received an unsetteling collection notice from Afni, Inc. They claim we owe over $80 on a Verizon account which my husband had over 7 years ago. I contacted Verizon, they cannot verify this alleged debt; in fact the woman at Verizon with whom I spoke said that at this point the debt is far too old for Afni to be attempting collection.

I checked the Statute of Limitation laws for debt collection in my state and discovered that debts of this type which are more than 4 years old cannot be legally collected. Yet Afni is attempting, not only to collect a fraudulent debt, they are doing so 3 years past the limitation.

I emailed a complaint to Afni, Inc via their feedback form. I filed complaints with both the FTC and my state's Attorney General. I am hoping this will resolve the situation; however, if anyone has any advice please let me know.

Chris
Allentown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/31/2007 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Inc/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/Afni-Inc-fraudulent-debt-collection-attempt-Bloomington-Illinois-295940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni, Inc