Complaint Review: Afni, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, March 29, 2013
  • Updated: Fri, March 29, 2013

• Reported By: Vanessa — Honolulu Hawaii
Afni, Inc.
1310 Martin Luther King Drive P.O. Box 3427 Internet United States of America

Afni, Inc. DISCOUNTED PAYMENT OFFER REGARDING OVERDUE T-MOBILE ACCOUNT Internet

*Consumer Comment: You were in HS?

I got a letter in the mail from Afni, Inc., a collections agency stating it was regarding my overdue account with T-MOBILE. It stated my current balance of: $260.08,&Settlement Offer of: $50. It sounded good, I was about to drop my payment&payment stub in the mailbox, before I did I went on the internet to check out their website. Then that's when "RIPOFF REPORT" opened up on my page. I really was interested in finding out, "How can I really find out if it's a SCAM or not? When I was in High School I think I may have had an account with a cell phone company I dont remember which one or if my mom had payed my balance,&my mom cant remember either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2013 02:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Inc/internet/Afni-Inc-DISCOUNTED-PAYMENT-OFFER-REGARDING-OVERDUE-T-MOBILE-ACCOUNT-Internet-1038992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni, Inc.

You were in HS?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

If your were under 18, you could not have a binding contract with them unless you were declared an emancipated minor by a court and you do not owe Tmobile any money and you cannot be forced to pay it.

If it was your mother's account (billed to her) you do not owe Tmobile any money-it's not your bill and you cannot be forced to pay it.

You need to go to the FTC website, www.ftc.gov and download three federal laws:  Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Fair Credit Billing Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act.  These laws will tell you how to deal with any debt collector and what your legal recourse for violations.