Complaint Review: Afni Insurance Services Subrogation Department

• Updated: Fri, September 28, 2012

• Reported By: jennifer1234 — Clearwater Florida United States of America
Afni Insurance Services Subrogation Department
1310 Martin Luther King Dr. Bloomingdale, Illinois United States of America

Afni Insurance Services Subrogation Department AFNI Collections, AFNI Inc. Fraudulant Collections Claim that I owe State Farm Insurance Money (AFNI Scam) Bloomingdale, Illinois

I began receiving letters and phone calls from Afni Insurance Services Subrogation Department in 2011 and then harassment became extensive in August and September, 2012. These letters and rude people on the phone claim that I owe $3,884.39 to State Farm Insurance and that I must pay this to Afni because of an accident I had in August, 2010. No one was injured in this accident, and I have verified with my insurance company (Progressive)  that State Farm was already paid the amount owed due to damage to the other person's vehicle. Progessive told me no other claim had been made, no claim had been made for $3,000 or anything at all like that amount, and that I owe nothing. I then contacted the State of Florida's Attorney General's office and was told that Afni Collections has already been investigated by the AG on behalf of another person, and that they had received many complaints about this fraudulant company. Meanwhile Afni is sending me these letters telling me that my driver's license and registration are going to get suspended by the Secretary of State's office if I don't send them a check or a credit card number. I know this is fraudulant, and nobody was ever hurt in the accident I had which was a very minor fender bender. But these people are scary, and they are relentless. They have called my cell phone dozens of times at all hours, and have sent me threatening letters. If they are threatening you, just Google "Afni scams" and you will see that you are not alone. Do not pay them anything!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2012 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afni-Insurance-Services-Subrogation-Department/Bloomingdale-Illinois-61702-3068/Afni-Insurance-Services-Subrogation-Department-AFNI-Collections-AFNI-Inc-Fraudulant-Coll-948061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afni Insurance Services Subrogation Department