Complaint Review: Afremov

• Submitted: Fri, November 05, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, November 05, 2010

• Reported By: Atia — Clayton California Virgin Islands (US)
Afremov

Afremov Afremov.com, Afremov Art, Afremov Gallery Afremov Fraud, Internet

I recently ordered a painting from Afremov via Etsy.  Upon opening the painting I purchased from Mr. Afremov, I was very disappointed to find a significant difference between what I purchased and what I received. The artistry, appearance, even the use and quality of color of the painting Afremov shipped was clearly inferior to the image he posted on Etsy. In the small print on Afremov's Etsy website, he writes that he uses images of his giclees to discourage counterfeiters. Well, his giclees look WAY better than his originals.

I did a little research online where I found the reports of many dissatisfied Afremov one-time customers. It appears Afremov sloppily renders copies of originals depicted online. He sells "the original" painting on several different websites. I found this to be true when I saw the "original" painting I purchased listed for sale on another website. Further, I just noticed Afremov closed his Etsy store called "Afremov Art" that had negative feedback attached to it (one being mine) and re-opened another store called "Afremov Gallery" that is not attached to any feedback.

Unfortunately, I believe Afremov is a scam artist in every sense of the word.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/05/2010 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Afremov/internet/Afremov-Afremovcom-Afremov-Art-Afremov-Gallery-Afremov-Fraud-Internet-658924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Afremov