Complaint Review: African Imports USA

• Updated: Mon, January 10, 2011

• Reported By: International Mikey — Washington District of Columbia USA
African Imports USA
3662 W. Camp Wisdom #1067 Dallas, Texas United States of America

African Imports USA Dealing with this company is a total farce, the company is a total fraud.... Dallas, Texas

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Shipping Policy

I ordered (via internet) a specialty Chriatmas ornament from this company at the end of November, 2010 with the intention of giving it as a Christmas gift. The price was competitive and shipping was free. After filling out the order information and giving credit card info. (site was secure), I received confirmation back that the order had been received and was in process. Next day, I noticed that my credit card had been charged. Most merchants don't process such charges until the item is shipped - I assumed mine was on its way. Rec'd no further email correspondence.

A few days later, I began a week long exercise in calling and emailing this merchant to track my shipment. Phone calls and emails were notanswered (I must have left six different phone messages and an equal number of emails). I did connect oncevia phone with a young sounding, gum chewing woman who had very loud music playing in the background. She seemed perturbed that she had to listen to me -I was calm and inquiring, not by any means angry or impatient. She took my name and phone and the order info and promised to call back. Never received a response that day and so I resumed calling and emailing and leaving messages.

Left on a week's vacation out of the country and upon my return, still had no indication product was shipped. I called again on Sunday Dec. 18 and finally spoke with a guy named Ray (believe he's the owner). He promised to look into my order and he actually did call back within an hour. Told me there was an address problem but that he'd ship the product that day and I should get in time for Christmas. Product did not arrive until after Christmas.

Deal with this company at your own risk. Although I did receive my merchandise, it was not without a lot of trouble and frustration. They/he does not have any regard for customers or their timelines. He's doing business despite himself and his disregard for his customers. I personally believe in customer service - if you're going to sell on the ionternet, then you need to be responsive, not evasive. I wouldn't spend another dime with African Imports if they were the last retailer selling their type of goods left in the world. Caveat emptor!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/29/2010 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/African-Imports-USA/Dallas-Texas-75237/African-Imports-USA-Dealing-with-this-company-is-a-total-farce-the-company-is-a-total-fr-676399. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on African Imports USA

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Shipping Policy

AUTHOR: African Imports Usa - (United States of America)

Our shipping policy for the product in question is 10-14 working days with FREE shipping. This customer received their item within our guaranteed time frame. It seems the customer is upset because she did not receive EXPRESS free shipping for a $31.00 item. We value our customers and try to give the best possible customer service. We have been online since 2001 with over 30,000 satisfied customers.