• Report: #920125

Against the Wind Ranch
P.O. Box 117 McDowell, Virginia United States of America

Against the Wind Ranch Buyer Beware!!! McDowell, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Another victim

*Author of original report: Good luck, but....

*General Comment: Do you have an address for them I need to sue

I'm not sure what's going on with Sarah Chaney and her husband, but our experience with them in buying a quarter steer of beef has been HORRIBLE!  We will never do business with these people again.

We ordered our beef and when it arrived, we were noticeably shorted on approximately 25 lbs.  When we asked, Sarah stated that they must have missed it and would give us our missing amount when they had butchered again.  As time went by (weeks and weeks and weeks), there was always an excuse as to why they couldn't fulfill their obligation...no shipping material, their freezer broke down, they forgot, they had no transportation to meet us...always something.

Finally, we just asked for money reimbursement for our missing amount and we would call it even.  We agreed on an amount for reimbursement, mind you WE HAD PAID THESE PEOPLE IN FULL months ago.  Have sent Sarah and her husband PayPal invoices and nothing has been paid to date.  I can't seek restitution through PayPal because they have a 60 day time limit to file complaints.

To top it off, the meat we received wasn't even that good and mostly fat.  Don't buy from these people!!!  Don't pay in full until you have the total amount of what you paid for in hand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2012 06:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Against-the-Wind-Ranch/McDowell-Virginia-24458/Against-the-Wind-Ranch-Buyer-Beware-McDowell-Virginia-920125. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Against the Wind Ranch

Another victim

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

I purchase a side of beef last year from ATW ranch.  Beef was tasty, though I got shorted on quantity, which Sarah acknowledged.  When I contacted her to purchase more beef this year, she offered me a reduced price.  Last contact with her was on 9 July.  Guess I should have learned my lesson last year.

Only address I have for the farm in VA is a PO Box.

Good luck, but....

AUTHOR: Ripped Off Consumer - ()

I looked around on the internet and they have two business locations, one in Virginia and one in Maryland. The address for their Maryland location is: 24235 Burnt Hill Road Clarksburg, MD 20871 I could not find their address in Virginia, but John and Sarah Chaney (the owners) are in Mcdowell, VA. I'm sure if you REALLY need to find their physical location, you could do it through one of those address search websites, but you will have to pay money. If their business address is a P.O. box, I don't think that would stop you from being able to file a law suit. Good luck.

#3 General Comment

Do you have an address for them I need to sue

AUTHOR: SAM - ()

Like you I purchased from them.  They are listed first on "eat wild virginia".  I have nothing shipped.  I need to sue to get my money back.  But the addresses they give are either a PO or phony.  Do you have a mailing address for against the wind ranch.  Please send it to me.  I wish I saw your report before I purchased.