Knife

• Submitted: Tue, November 15, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, November 16, 2005

• Reported By:Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania
Agents Travel Network Florida Passport
3993 Tyrone Blvd #608-182 St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Agents Travel Network Florida Passport, Dishonest, Lying, Ripoff, sneaky billing scam St. Petersburg Florida *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Author of original report: I got my money back

I will try to make this as brief as possible since I am very busy right now. I am not sure how long ago it was, I was called by Agents Travel Network telling me about this great travel deal they had for me.

I talked with someone named Megan and I really had no idea what was going on the whole time. All they told me was that I would receive a packet in the mail. The lady assured me as long as I called the 800 number on the packet before the two week trial period was up and cancel my membership I would not be billed.

I called on the 6th of November and as far as I knew when I hung up the phone I had cancelled the membership. That was 3 days before the Nobember 9th deadline.

I didn't know that I had been billed until the bank called because they billed $149 out of my account and it had come from a check in Florida. The company on the check was Florida Passport.

Now I am just angry and frustrated and considering to close my account and open a new one just so they won't be able to get anymore of my money. I am just a college student and am not really sure of what to do about something like this. All I know is I will not make the same mistake twice.

Timothy
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2005 10:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Agents-Travel-Network-Florida-Passport/St-Petersburg-Florida-33709/Agents-Travel-Network-Florida-Passport-Dishonest-Lying-Ripoff-sneaky-billing-scam-St-164743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Agents Travel Network Florida Passport

I got my money back

AUTHOR: Timothy - (U.S.A.)

After making several different phone calls to Florida Passport as well as to my bank, the bank sent the check back as fraud and the money was back in my account within 10 minutes.

I dont know for sure but perhaps having my parents on my account as well and them not having been a part of the scam and having them call florida passport to harass them about it might have helped a bit.

Either way I now have my bank looking for any additional charges from Florida passport as well as other unusual looking companies to prevent this from happening in the future.