Complaint Review: Agents Travel Network - Florida Passport

• Submitted: Wed, March 30, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, March 30, 2005

• Reported By:Pontiac Michigan
Agents Travel Network - Florida Passport
3993 Tyrone Blvd Suite 608-182 St. Petersburg, Florida U.S.A.

Agents Travel Network - Florida Passport Ripoff lied, cheated, stole, committed fraud and misrepresentation and took advantage St. Petersburg Florida

A lady called my house and asked for me by name. She said that I had already won a free trip and she just wanted to ensure that she was sending the information to the correct person. I have actually won a couple of free trips before, so I thought, yeah, alright! Well, she verified my name, address and phone number.

Then, she wanted to verify my status at the bank. She said that she was just trying to make sure that I had an active account. I asked what for and she said that was a condition of sending the prize. She quickly rattled off my routing number to my credit union to me! I was shocked, but thought that if she already had the info, maybe it was okay. I mean, she hadn't taken any money out and she already knew the numbers right?

Anyway, she told me about all the exciting things that her company offered and said that she would send the prize and the info about the monthly program. I said sure, so she said that she had to record me saying yes. So, she did. I was too busy thinking about the trip to Florida.

All of a sudden, I said you will NOT take ANY money from my account before I decide will you. She said of course not. You have to call back and let us know what you decide and you have two weeks. I thought i was safe. She said the mail was on its way to me.

Well, it didn't come for two weeks and I had decided against it, so I sent it right back with a letter declining the offer. They never responded, but they took $149 out of my account on March 17, 2005 and then $59.95 on March 24, 2005.

The only number I had to contact them was an automated number to remove myself from their database! Watch yourselves - I'm going back to hanging up on ALL telemarketers now!!!!!!!!

Tanya
Pontiac, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2005 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Agents-Travel-Network-Florida-Passport/St-Petersburg-Florida-33709/Agents-Travel-Network-Florida-Passport-Ripoff-lied-cheated-stole-committed-fraud-and-136912. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Agents Travel Network - Florida Passport