Complaint Review: Agents Travel Network, Teliflex

• Submitted: Fri, April 22, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 22, 2005

• Reported By:Colubmbia South Carolina
Agents Travel Network, Teliflex
3303 Seffner Drive Holiday, Florida U.S.A.

Agents Travel Network, Teliflex MISLEADING FRAUDULENT RIPOFF Holiday Florida

I received a call from a Representative from the Agents travel Network offering me a free trip, free trial membership for long distance for 21 days, and membership to a vacation club.

I was very suspicious from the beginning and I pride myself on never having been scammed and I listen for every detail. The representative asked me for my checking account number and I told him I did not feel comfortable revealing that info over the phone.

He asked me the name of my bank and went and pulled the routing number up on another system and read it out to me to assure me, this was not a scam. I did not realize that you don't really need that much technology to accomplish this.

I gave him my check acct. number. A few weeks later a package came in the mail for my free trial for my telephone card. I called immediately and it told me to press "1" to cancel and I did. The automated system said your cancelation is complete and did not give an option to speak to anyone or a confirmation number.

The following weeks my next packages followed. I did the same thing called the number and followed instructions (pressed 1 to cancel) The next week there is a debit from my account for 49.95..I called the number again and pressed 1, then I called it again and pressed 1.

After being frustrated, I just kept hitting 0, *, and #. Thats when I heard an option to speak with an operator.

The operator said my cancellation just didn't take when I did it the first time. "WHAT KIND OF CRAP IS THAT"! He also told me my cancellation still was not in effect even though before I talked to him I canceled it twice.

He told me he could not issue a credit right away because it was not showing to be applied to their acct. even though I could provide him with the front and back copy of the electronic check as proof. He told me to call back next week he would put in for a pending refund.

Columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2005 06:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Agents-Travel-Network-Teliflex/Holiday-Florida-34691/Agents-Travel-Network-Teliflex-MISLEADING-FRAUDULENT-RIPOFF-Holiday-Florida-139949. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Agents Travel Network, Teliflex