Complaint Review: Agora Publishing AKA Health Science Institute

• Updated: Tue, December 06, 2011

• Reported By: Dori — Huntington Beach California USA
Agora Publishing AKA Health Science Institute
702 Cathedral St. Internet United States of America

Agora Publishing AKA Health Science Institute, Agora Health Products Allan Spreen, MD, Health Sciences Institute SCAM, Tomorrows Cancer Cures Today, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: HSI Responds

*Consumer Comment: The Rebuttal Says it All

*General Comment: Question

*General Comment: Health Sciences Institute

I came across an ad while on a website for a book called Tomorrow's Cancer Cures Today by Allan Spreen MD. It was subtitled 25 secret therapies from around the world. I am very into learning more about alternative medicine and have read quite a few books in the area. I paid 39.50 for the book, which I realize is insanely high but sometimes these books contain awesome information. I was shocked when I received the book by how small it was. It had the basic information that anyone can find out by doing a little research- nothing new or secret at all.

I'm writing this so people will not get suckered by this scam and waste money if they come across this ad. At $12.00, the book would be worth it, at $39.50 it is a big ripoff. I checked and the company is in Baltimore and use 20-30 different names and puts out many worthless publications. I will contact my credit card and stop the charge and return the book. I felt compelled to put the word out on them so no one else gets burned.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2009 12:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Agora-Publishing-AKA-Health-Science-Institute/internet/Agora-Publishing-AKA-Health-Science-Institute-Agora-Health-Products-Allan-Spreen-MD-Hea-545806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Agora Publishing AKA Health Science Institute

HSI Responds

AUTHOR: Melissa - ()

Hi. I work with the team at HSI, the publisher's of Dr. Spreen's book. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed by Tomorrow's Cancer Cures Today. Many of our customers appreciate having immediate access to this information in one place. I do hope that your request for a refund was handled expeditiously and courteously. Please contact our customer service line at 888-213-0764 if you have any additional comments or questions that we can answer for you.

The Rebuttal Says it All

AUTHOR: Ian Taylor - ()

"I find these kinds of complaints useless."  Says it all.  Forget old style customer relations, this is the gen X age where customers exist to give you an income.  Pure solipsism.  "I find these kinds of complaints useless."

I'm writing this because I was researching all the incredible crap published by William Bonner, Jason  Great (the aforereferenced "Jeet"?) and Jason Pell.  Pell's about to retire, started the business, Agora Publishing Inc., and what they do is engineer IT solutions to pump out online rags- except they've never printed a worthwhile word.

Stupid conspiracy theories, bad logic, discredited theories are their stock and trade.  Today one of their rags is cackling about the US economic "death spiral".  Oh, and they have some stuff to sell you to deal with that.

Total freakin' internet crap.

Age isn't an issue.  These guys might as well be gen X.  They think the world owes them entertainment, a cushy living, and their major skill that they're going to market is the ability to look you in the eye and lie.  These guys have never done an honest day's work in their live and you're not going to inspire them to start.  Avoid!

#3 General Comment

Question

AUTHOR: Mare - (United States of America)

The comment about HSI, Health Services Institute, was dated Jan. of 2010.  It is Dec. of 2011 now, which is almost 2 years since this report.  What is the latest word on this group and is it possible to find out particulars about the research they claim has been done, rather than just the unsubstantiated claims?

#4 General Comment

Health Sciences Institute

AUTHOR: jeets - (USA)

I find these kinds of complaints useless.  I read some glowing reports on Health Science Institute so I decided to go on line to do some research.  This scam report was the first thing I came across.  The scam the writer describes concerns the price he paid for a book, a book he says would be worth $12, not $40.  If the info it contained was bogus, the book would not be worth $12 or 12 cents.  He sates he has read many books and the knowledge in the book is standard that can be had by doing research.  But to one who is extremely well versed on the topics, as the writer claims, might find the info ordinary, a novice may find the info extraordinary.  Maybe the writer should have done some research to find out what the book contained instead of bellyaching over the price and discrediting the organization.  I plan to write a follow up after I get to do some more research.  I am going to research every doctor that is part of HSI and will be back with my discoveries.  However, for now HSI - one; crybaby scam writer - zero.  As a footnote, this kind of post makes me wonder if it is written by someone involved with the drug industry that will lose if natural cures are allowed to supplant their products.