- Report: #339466
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Agora Solutions
Agora SolutionsPO Box 50480 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.
Agora Solutions uses *cramming* to pad phone bills Minneapolis Minnesota
Verizon told me it si the result of someone signing up for a service with my name and number. When I asked the rep if they required the 3rd party to give the subscriber account number before accepting such charges, she said that is not a requirement. (!!) The only thing they can do is put a 3rd-party billing block on my number, which I have done.
I called the 800 number for Agora, the 3rd party rep who answered the phone answered as Customer Service, no company name.
When I pressed him for the company name, he said he represented Agora and other companies
The rep told me the person who signed up was my wifes name and our phone number, as the result of taking an online survey.
After much prodding, I got him to give me their signup web page: http://www.agorasolution.com/agora_2.asp
Its a form that accepts name, phone number,address, email, gender, etc. The product is voicemail, cost is $12.95/month + the one-time charge of $8.43
There are 3 radio buttons you have to click saying that you agree to the terms. All very straightforward, I must say.
Except, my wife says she never filled out the form, instead she did say she entered some kind of sweepstakes where she gave out that information.
The rep agreed to cancel the service, effective today. He would not agree to refund the $8.43, however, saying that we had agreed to it.
So we got crammed for the $8.43.
My options at this point are:
1. I can file a complaint with the FCC, at this address:
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer & Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, D.C. 20554.
2. I can share the registrant information for agorasolution.com with anyone who reads this in case you would like to contact the person responsible for the website:
Domain Name: AGORASOLUTION.COM
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com
Creation Date: 30-jun-2003
Expiration Date: 30-jun-2010
This is the person responsible for the domain:
Domain Name: AGORASOLUTION.COM
Registrant,Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Morrison, Geoff firstname.lastname@example.org
8160 County Road 42
Savage, MN 55378
The area code of the phone number resolves to Twin Cites, MN.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2008 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Agora-Solutions/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55405/Agora-Solutions-uses-cramming-to-pad-phone-bills-Minneapolis-Minnesota-339466. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)