Complaint Review: Agora Solutions

• Submitted: Wed, June 20, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, June 20, 2007

• Reported By:Cincinnati Ohio
Agora Solutions
PO Box 50480 Minneapolis, Minnesota U.S.A.

Agora Solutions Bogus billing Minneapolis Minnesota

We were recently evaluating moving to voice over IP vs our current phone carrier, and discovered we were paying for a 3rd party service on our phone bill for eight months at 14.95 per month. This was a service that we did not subscribe to, voice messaging from Agora Solutions.

I called Agora and explained I had never signed up for the service. Their response was "is there a (my sons name) in the household, it appears he singed up for it on the internet".

The only thing I could think of is that he had registered for something and in the small print of the agreement, he agreed to pay for this service though he did not recall doing so.

I told them to cancel and they said I would be billed on the next cycle (based on the date of my call). Needless to say, I did switch from my local phone company to VOIP, since the VOIP does provide 3rd party billing. My local carrier said they were required by law to pass on the billing, there was nothing they could do.

Ed
Cincinnati, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2007 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Agora-Solutions/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55480/Agora-Solutions-Bogus-billing-Minneapolis-Minnesota-255663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Agora Solutions