• Report: #208026

• Submitted: Sat, August 26, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, August 26, 2006

• Reported By:Hunlock Creek Pennsylvania
Agora Voice Messaging
3310 Williams Lane, Suite 1 Mound, Minnesota U.S.A.

Agora Voice Messaging Ripoff Charges on phone bill for voicemail service that were never authorized. Mound Minnesota

When I received my phone bill this month, there was a charge of $8.43 for Agora Voice Messaging. I've never heard of the company.

When I called my phone company they told me it was AOL (which I don't use) and gave me a 1-800 number to call. When I spoke with AOL they had no idea what I was talking about.

After speaking with the phone company again they agreed to take the charge off. That is when the person told me that people who have dial-up internet have their telephone number right in their isp address. Anyone who knows how to decode this address can get your phone number.

Watch your phone bill for charges that come under "alternate operator service tolls."

Hunlock Creek, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2006 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Agora-Voice-Messaging/Mound-Minnesota-55346/Agora-Voice-Messaging-Ripoff-Charges-on-phone-bill-for-voicemail-service-that-were-never-a-208026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Agora Voice Messaging