• Report: #319631

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2008

• Reported By:Avoca Wisconsin
Agora Voice/Agora Solutions/The Billing Source
Nationwide, Other U.S.A.

Agora Voice/Agora Solutions/The Billing Source billed us for service not requested Other

My husband & I received our monthly phone bill from CenturyTel which included a charge for Agora Voice presented by The Billing Source - phone number 888-296-8079.

When I called to above number to ask what charges were about, they transferred my to a phone number at Agora Solutions - 800-215-1961. The person I spoke with said my husband signed up for the service via the internet January 8, 2008. (The phone bill showed service Feb 14). And that we should have received an email with confirmation number.

My husband does not use our Outlook Express at all, and I have not seen a confirmation email from Agora Solutions or their other names.

After calling CenturyTel, they are putting the Agora Voice bill in dispute and blocking any third party phone services. I called Agora Solutions again, told them that our phone company has their bill in dispute and the new person I spoke with said that she'd credit us the charges but that next month's bill would go out to our phone company. After telling her to Cancel, she gave me a confirmation number. Let's see what happens next month.

Just a warning! Keep an eye on all of the bills that you receive.

Marilyn S
Avoca, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2008 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Agora-VoiceAgora-SolutionsThe-Billing-Source/Nationwide-Other/Agora-VoiceAgora-SolutionsThe-Billing-Source-billed-us-for-service-not-requested-Other-319631. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Agora Voice/Agora Solutions/The Billing Source