Complaint Review: Ai Networks - DriveCrash

• Submitted: Wed, October 05, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, October 07, 2005

• Reported By:Humble Texas
Ai Networks - DriveCrash
10 Hughes Ste#A107 &12 Mauchy Bldg C Irvine, California U.S.A.

Ai Networks DriveCrash Hard drive recovery PAYMENT UP FRONT, NO REPORT, NO REFUND ripoff Irvine California

*Consumer Comment: Agreement??

*Consumer Comment: TOO MUCH $350.00

*Consumer Comment: How much?

We lost a Maxtro drive with no warning. Contacted Ai Networks/Lou Zeleznik and of course the basic was fill out and send at your expense and we'll let you know if we can do anything; nothing said about no reports being given us.

We called several times after a couple of weeks. No real information and then they asked for payment up front to send to a clean room [we have copies]. No recourse/no refund nothing on document to indicate they wouldn't give us a report or anything.

Nothing was reported and we continued to call. finally I sent an email [more than once asking for our hard drive to be returned] they had the nerve to ask for our credit card to charge $17.00 to return it. I told them I'd have a pickup from UPS but needed an address.
It is the old case "don't pay up front for services" not until service is performed. I would venture we are not the first and won't be the last.

Final insult our AMEX to stop payment has been refused twice now. We both have to work our business and are losing both ways. Didn't get anything and paid for nothing I didn't get!

Joan
Humble, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2005 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ai-Networks-DriveCrash/Irvine-California-92618/Ai-Networks-DriveCrash-Hard-drive-recovery-PAYMENT-UP-FRONT-NO-REPORT-NO-REFUND-ripoff-I-159594. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ai Networks - DriveCrash

Agreement??

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Did you sign any sort of agreement with them? What are the terms? Did they return the drive to you?

TOO MUCH $350.00

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

Why do people presume that this may not be a lot of money...I had always heard anything paid up front for service or product not received is a big mistake. I run my own business and don't make enough to give anything away. We lost a lot of valuable information and trusted too much.
If I could burn money I would have cared less about losing so much business information.
Sorry, you must be younger...we are older and
can't afford to retire.

How much?

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

How much money did you give this company?

It is fairly expensive to recover a lost drive, and there is no guarentee that it is even possible, so they probably should have made this clear to you.

On the other hand, there is considerable effort involved in them trying, and certainly they are entitled to something for that.

I am unclear from your posting how much you think they took you for.