Complaint Review: Aiptek, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, July 22, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, July 22, 2004

• Reported By:Lakeville Minnesota
Aiptek, Inc.
51 Discovery Ste. #100 Irvine, California U.S.A.

Aiptek, Inc. Aiptek doesn't honor warranty, gives the run-around! Irvine California

I purchased an Aipkek "Mega Cam" digital camera from Walmart well over a year ago. Well within its 90 day warranty, the power switch broke off, making the camera useless. I went to Walmart first, whi in turn told me the camera had to be returned directly to Aiptek, and that I neded to contact them instead.

I contacted Aiptek my email first and was sent a claim form to fill out and return. I filled out the form completely and returned it to them. They emailed me and aske me to do it again. So I did, completely according to their directions. This kep happening at least six times, and I finall called them. They told me they would not deal with the warranty issue over the phone and that I would have to fill out a warranty claim report. I explained to them that I had already done so six times. The woman got very rude with me and hung up on me. I have since sent several emails to them and have been totally ignored by them. All I wanted them to do was hold up their end up the bargain and honor their own warranty. I like the camera while it was working, and all I wanted was to get it repaired or replaced. I wouldn't recomment Aiptek to anyone. Their customer service is downright horrible and dishonest.

Lakeville, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2004 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aiptek-Inc/Irvine-California-92618/Aiptek-Inc-Aiptek-doesnt-honor-warranty-gives-the-run-around-Irvine-California-100036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aiptek, Inc.