Complaint Review: Aiptek

• Submitted: Fri, June 20, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:Gallatin Tennessee
Aiptek
51 Discovery Irvine, California U.S.A.

Aiptek Service Warranty Repair A total joke Irvine California

I sent a Pencam SD camera in for repair, over 2 months ago. The repairr problem was simple, and should have taken 10 minutes. The battery door was broken, and needed replacing, and the Shutter Button was defective. The microswitch behind the button had seperated from the circuit board, and only needed resoldering. I have emailed them twice and each case, someone is working on it right now ( Chris was the name I was given ) After 7 weeks, I was so digusted with the service, that I emailed them one more time, and told them, that if I didnt get the camera back on the Friday of that week ( 2 weeks ago ), then they could keep the d**n thing. I guess they took that as an " out " as I have never recived the camera ( over 2 months for a 10 minute repair !!! )

I have 5 Aiptek cameras, and if any of the other camers fail, I will just throw them in the trash. I am out the shipping charges to Aiptek and the use of the camera, so my advice, which I will now follow. Never buy anything from Aiptek..

Very bad service and obviously a cover up by the repair department. I guess replacing a battery cover and resoldering a microswith to the board is beyond their technical know-how !

Never again !!

Dave m
Gallatin, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2008 01:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aiptek/Irvine-California-92618/Aiptek-Service-Warranty-Repair-A-total-joke-Irvine-California-342437. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aiptek