Complaint Review: Air 1 Moving

• Reported By: Mike — San Francisco California
Air 1 Moving
11255 Vanowen North Hollywood, California USA

Air 1 Moving Corrupt extortion stealing North Hollywood California

I received a quote for a cross country move from Air 1 that was in the range of the others but I chose them because they had fewer negative reviews than other carriers.  The BBB even rated them higher than the others. The reviews did concern me but I have a small move so none of the large national carriers wanted to move me it was the choice of the lesser of several evils. Dana the relocation specialist was very responsive until she got the credit card after that totally unresponsive. They charged me well above the quote claiming it was for distance from the street to apt greater than 75ft.  It was not more than 75ft.  In addition they deliberately parked further away from the door than necessary.  They could have parked right up at the door!  This was done for the sole purpose of gouging me.  They charged me for an elevator even though the first flight of stairs is included and I only lived one flight up.  What was more unbelievable is the guy at time of pick-up said he would give me $25 off for stairs.  THERE WAS AN ELEVATOR AND THEY USED IT!  The quote stated first flight free!  The move quote was $950.80 for these stunts  I paid an additional $228.40 or 24% above the quoted price.  This is outrageous criminal conduct.

They even pulled a stunt of making me sign a form that states I will allow up to $2,800 that I NEVER agreed to that he covered that part up and ordered me to sign it.  Then when he left he gave it to me to read that is when I discovered that con job. He kept saying we have to hurry and sign would not let me read any of the stuff.   This was illegal extortion.  I NEVER requested $2,800 that is a blatant lie.  It is not even in my writing.

For a studio with less than 1,000 pounds there were three guys that showed up for picking up.  Two did the work and one the paper work It takes about 30 min. to go through the paperwork and pay (he had to call the office a few times). I have moved myself and can load a van which is all I need in about 20 minutes. The two guys smashed everything together carried it out in 10 minutes even though they had plenty of time. I did not have that much and we still had the paper work. They trashed my stuff breaking it, then sit out by the truck waiting. The other guy is with me in apt and he points out about the part of adding a tip. They were late trashed my stuff and charged me 24% more than quoted. They decided to charge also for other boxes to repack a few of my things which did not need it. They should not be allowed to pack they cannot do it right. As we walk out and see the two guys sitting on the curb in front of them he brings up the tip again.  This was pressuring me to tip and threatening me he said we could lose or damage your stuff.  This was holding me hostage. They, who took no care with my stuff, rushed to get it done when they had plenty of time to load the truck showed up late and gouged me on the price had the nerve to ask for a tip twice!  I paid no tip!

After calling Air 1 during the two weeks and getting no answers, I finally get a call from driver that it is ready for delivery a destination on May 11. They call at 3pm May 11 I call back at 4:45pm the driver yells at me for waiting SO LONG to return a call. Unbelievable. I sit weeks waiting for them and God forbid I am not right at phone to return the call immediately  I AM THE PAYING customer you wait on me!  Two hours is reasonable he then demands to drop off right then without  scheduling a time. He was very rude each time I spoke to him that day. I had to call the Air1 office because he threatened me and was so rude.  They finally after many calls arrange for a late delivery that day. He finally shows up - in the area - later than he said calls me on his cell phone and says I am not there. I say yes I am he orders me outside the house to see his truck as I am on cell phone - PAYING $.25 a minute - l tell him he is not at the address because I am and no semi is anywhere in sight. He again yells at me and orders me to find him!! Unbelievable I am the paying customer. It is HIS JOB TO FIND IT and he should NEVER speak to me that way!  He had the address.  It is 2012 for God sakes there is no reason why he should not have been able to find it with the technology available.  So I get in my car and start driving around the neighborhood looking for him as ordered. Inexcusable!    Amazingly he is going in the wrong direction. He had the street number of this house now wouldn’t common sense dictate if the numbers are going in the wrong direction you should turnaround maybe you MISSED IT!  This guy was the most unintelligent person I have ever met.

It is HIS responsibility to deliver to the address.  He told me it was MINE to find him.  What further defied any logic or common sense is he in fact did have GPS I found out after he arrived!!   After we get to the house I show him the PAINTED NUMBER on the curb of the street one can’t miss.  He says "oh well I had to watch my back as I was turning..." Even if he missed it he should have figured out as he was driving down the street the numbers of the houses were getting further from the number of mine!

He demanded payment before unloading.  I did not want to because I wanted to see it out before then but as usual like everything else I was threatened and had to comply.  I was shocked at the condition of my stuff.  Smashed stuff spilled all over stuff, damaged scratched you name it they did it.  Now that I have my stuff some of it is missing and of course Dana and Air1 are not responsive. The stuff has been very beaten up scratched smashed. This was probably done by the guys packing since I gave no tip.

I was at their mercy praying they would deliver the stuff.  They repeatedly would not respond finally  Amit (Matt) Mines replied they cannot find my stuf and they have no intention of looking for it.  They did not even look and they waited evading me and not responding until after the claim date now they will not let me file a claim. This was done deliberately.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 07:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Air-1-Moving/North-Hollywood-California-91605/Air-1-Moving-Corrupt-extortion-stealing-North-Hollywood-California-1052807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Air 1 Moving