Complaint Review: Air Canada

• Reported By:Santa Ana California
Air Canada
aircanada.com , Quebec Canada

Air Canada RIPPED ME OFF FOR BRINGING MY SNOW SKIIS Quebec Canada

I went on a trip to Whistler Canada for a ski vacation. I was flying Air Canada. Before I travelled I called the airlines to ask about anything that I needed to do to bring my snow skiis on the trip without being charged for excess baggage. I was told by Air Canada Management that I could take 2 bags weighing no more than 50 pounds each. I was then advised that once I booked the flight all I had to do was pre-register my snow skiis and I would not be charged excess baggage fees to take the skiis. So I booked the flight and pre-registered my snow skiis and was again told there would be no excess baggage fees.

When I arrived at LAX I was charged $119 to take my snow skiis. I asked for a manager and explained that I had called three times and even spoke to a manager about bringing my skiis and was told all three times that as long as I pre-registered my skiis there would be no excess baggage fee. The management then tells me that only applies to ski boots not actual snow skiis and I must pay the fee. So I am out $119 before even leaving for Canada because they don't have a clue what they are telling travelers and don't even know their own rules and regulations.

I wrote to Air Canada about my displeasure and all I got from them was a fight from some woman named Ankra in customer service. Not only did they lie to me about pre-registering my skiis, but their customer service people only want to fight and not help anyone. Don't go AIR CANADA!!

Susan
Santa Ana, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2008 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Air-Canada/Quebec/Air-Canada-RIPPED-ME-OFF-FOR-BRINGING-MY-SNOW-SKIIS-Quebec-Canada-317243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Air Canada