Complaint Review: Air Genie

• Updated: Tue, November 12, 2013

• Reported By: paulette2551 — Bonita Springs Florida
Air Genie
24850 Old 41 Road Suite 27, Bonita Springs, FL Bonita Springs, Florida USA

Air Genie Air Genie wants your hard earned money to go poof!!!! Bonita Springs Florida

*Author of original report: apology

I, along with friends, arrived at my home in Florida, on Sunday, November 3rd to a house with no air conditioning.  I immediately phoned my husband, in Canada, who did a google search of air conditioning providers.  Air Genie was at the top of the list.

They advertised no additional charges for Sundays so he asked them to come over and take a look.  Chris, the service tech, knocked on the door, had a look at the unit and told me I needed a new motor.  He said if I was lucky the old one would be under warranty and the job would only cost me $700 or it would be $2000, with a service agreement, or $2600. without a service agreement if it wasn't under warranty.  He said he would go and make a call and do a little "investigative" work to see whether or not it was warranted.  He came back 20 minutes later and told me, BIG surprise, it wasn't under warranty.  My husband told him to go ahead.  I asked for all the OLD equipment to be left.  Air Genie's big mistake, they left it.

Five houses later and lengthy conversations by CHris on his cell phone to a phantom person, led us to the next part of the service call, Mr. Gene Slade, Jr., the owner

Mr. Slade Jr. worked along side Chris for a further two hours.  They told me I needed a surge protector.  I was informed the work that resulted in the $2600. bill was only "damage control."  Mr. Slade said he wanted to meet my husband and have a talk with hi, "eye to eye."

Monday...................hubby meets with Mr. Slade and is we  told we need an additonal $4,000 in new duct work.  I can't make this stuff up people.  \

Tuesday we had another air conditioning company drop on over and take a look at the old unit.  Guess what people, the old unit was under friggin' warranty.

I will not rest until this piece of crap company loses its license.  I can't image how many elderly people have been taken advantage of and dont have the ability or wherewithall to fight back.  Guess what Mr. Slade, I know how to fight back.  Going to take this guy to court.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2013 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Air-Genie/Bonita-Springs-Florida-34135/Air-Genie-Air-Genie-wants-your-hard-earned-money-to-go-poof-Bonita-Springs-Florida-1098765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Air Genie

apology

AUTHOR: paulette2551 - ()

I hereby retract and apologize to Air Genie and Mr. Gene Slade Jr.  for all statements regarding the repairs to
our air conditoner November 3rd, 2013.