Complaint Review: Air Tran

• Submitted: Sun, August 21, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, August 21, 2011

• Reported By: Kansas USA
Air Tran

Air Tran Airtran, Southwest Airlines Flight 687 8-20-11 Karen, # 1 worst flight attendant ever! Internet

Below is a portion of a complaint sent to Air Tran, and Southwest.  I would say this is a precursor of what is to come. I will never fly this airline of Southwest again. Believe me Southwest "free bags" are not worth all of the other garbage you put up with.

You should know I travel three of four weeks every month.  When my travel takes me in and out of San Antonio or Houston I try to use Air Tran, even though it adds over 2 hours to my trip as opposed to the American Airline flights.  You see, I have always thought your employees, and planes were the best in the industry.  I also enjoyed the little perks like XM, and internet access.  I usually travel business class.

I have been "on the fence" about using the airline after conversion to Southwest.  This is due primarily to my aversion to the "cattle call," and the fact I will lose business class.  Frankly this is one of the small perks I look forward to after 3 weeks away from home.

Fortunately your employee, Karen has helped confirm my suspicions that the new airline is going to be a far cry from the old Air Tran.   Tonight I had my first egregious experience in all of my flights with your airline.

On flight 687 from Atlanta to Wichita I was seated in seat 1D.  Upon entering the plane Karen was seated in seat 1D, and Louise in seat 1C.  I looked at my seat number and waited a few seconds as Karen made eye contact, thinking she would move.  She continued her conversation with Louise and I merely stated " I'm there" and pointed to my seat.  That was it, nothing more nothing less, I was not rude in the least.  Other people were boarding behind me.  Karen snapped to me "Do you mean excuse me,  I need to get in there where you are."   I responded that I hoped this was not going to be the tenor of the entire flight.  She responded in an insolent tone,  "Now excuse me, I need to get up there where you are."  I would say her attitude was disingenuous at best.  Why were these two attendants not at the front of the plane greeting passengers as usual?

I later asked Louise what I had done to deserve such treatment, and she said you" just pointed at your seat."  I advised her I had stated "I'm there."  She said, " I didn't hear that."  Irregardless, a paying customer does not deserve to be denigrated in this manner, for trying to take his seat, that he paid full fare for.

The bright side to this whole situation is I was fortunate enough not to have these two female attendants for the rest of the flight.  I am pleased to say that Van in business class was professional, courteous, and everything I have come to expect from Air Tran.  He should give remedial training to the other two.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2011 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Air-Tran/internet/Air-Tran-Airtran-Southwest-Airlines-Flight-687-8-20-11-Karen-1-worst-flight-attendant-767937. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Air Tran