- Report: #854722
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Air7Seas Rama Koppula Naomi Munga Rakesh Sharma
Air7Seas Rama Koppula Naomi Munga Rakesh SharmaPO Box 611117 Milpitas, California, CA, 95035 Milpitas, California United States of America
Air7Seas Rama Koppula Naomi Munga Rakesh Sharma Air7Seas, Rama Koppula, Naomi Munga, Rakesh Sharma Liars & thiefs - Failed to comply paid services, contempted, ripped me off my property, tried to extort me for much more money Milpitas, California
*Author of original report: With Air7Seas truth is scarce
*UPDATE Employee: AIR 7 SEAS Helps in every situation
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
This is a letter sent by my lawyer Mr. Arie Weiss, Advocate & Notary,LAW OFFICES AND NOTARIES
7 Shmuel Hanagid St., Yahalom House
94263 Jerusalem, ISRAEL
Tel. + 972-2-623-1215 Fax + 972-2-624-8667
On Jerusalem, January 16, 2012
To the Better Business Bureau1112 South Bascom Avenue
San Jose, CA 95128
Dear Madam or Sir,
Re: Air 7 Seas Transport Logistic
I am writing you in the hopes that your intervention will enable my client to recover his losses from Air 7
Seas, who have to date ignored his attempts to work out the issues with them. [continued below]....
My client, Judah Melamed, purchased a motorcycle on eBay in December, 2010. Air 7 Seas was to ship the bike to Israel via Istanbul, Turkey. The quote for shipping the motorcycle, as provided by Air 7 Seas, was the most favorable, $ 710, although once the bike was delivered to them, they informed Mr. Melamed that the price would be a bit higher. Cargo insurance was provided and paid for, although despite numerous requests, the insurance documentation was never provided, even when a claim needed to be made, as I will explain.
The eBay seller had the bike crated and delivered to Air 7 Seas. No complaints or comments about the packing crate were made by Air 7 Seas, and they duly shipped the crate, but to Singapore (!) instead of Istanbul.
When the Singapore agent acted to have the bike sent to Israel, the shipper refused unless my client paid
for repacking, since the crate arrived in Singapore broken.
Air 7 Seas seemed to take days for even the most simple communications, failed to provide insurance
information or documentation, so that by the time Mr. Melamed was able to establish that no help would be forthcoming from Air 7 Seas and agreed to pay for repacking at his own expense, the storage fees
were such that attempting to salvage the bike became prohibitively expensive.
My clients attempts at communications were met with unpleasantness and threats to have the bike destroyed, At no time did Air 7 make any effort to help resolve the issue, or to have their Singapore agent attempt to mitigate the local storage charges (accepted practice, especially under the circumstances).
Considering the fact that the motorcycle was to have been shipped to Istanbul and that Air 7 was
responsible for the bike being mistakenly shipped to Singapore, full restitution of my clients losses is mandated, not shrugging it off and leaving Mr. Melamed to his own devices. The bike, safely crated,
was delivered to the Air 7 warehouse, but arrived in Singapore in a broken crate, yet Air 7 takes no responsibility, and prevents my client from making an insurance claim by failing to provide any insurance documentation, if any was indeed purchased, rather than just charged for.
I attach documentation supporting the facts set out in my letter. If the BBB can put any sort of pressure
on Air 7 Seas to satisfy my clients claims for damages arising from the shipping to the wrong location, failing to have the bike shipped to Israel as they had been contracted to do and failing to
provide help or service of any type, failing to insure or at least failing to provide insurance documentation, that help would be deeply appreciated.
Arie Weiss, Adv.
Cc: Department of Transportation, Consumer Division 1200 New Jersey Ave. SE, Washington, DC 20590 regarding Licence # 004859
Movers.com 827 Ridgewood
Avenue, North Brunswick, NJ 08902 USA
Air7Seas Transport Logistics
Inc., 1815 Houret Ct. Milpitas, CA 95035 USA
This is the complaint filled with the Federal Trade Commission (7th Sep. 2011):
I will make this short and as i get all the information together for filling an international law claim, I will send you a copy:
1. I contacted them (27/12/2010) for exporting a bike bought on eBay on 12/15/2010.
2. Initial price proposal was at 710 USD - I agreed to pay as they were the cheapest.
3. Price got to 1000 USD when they had the bike - they had me in their hands, there was nothing I could do but pay, the price included insurance that they highly recommended is necessary.
4. When the bike was delivered to them, it was crate by the seller (which I payed for) and they had no complaints as for the packing.
5. The bike got to Singapore and the crate was broken.
6. They deliberately delayed responses as to accumulate more time that they can charge storage
7. I tried to get the insurance to cover the re-packing as requested by the shipping gate company, but the shipping company failed to respond with insurance coverage details nor assist in reducing financial damage.
8. I tried to get them to help me sort the matter out with the gate company in Singapore but the kept on threatening by disposal of the bike.
9. I wrote the CEO and the VP but they never responded.
10. I had never had such an offensive service, such power manipulators and extorter.
11. Gate company in Singapore asked for 600 USD for re-packing, after I agreed to pay, the asked for additional storage fees. I checked with shipping experts in Israel and they said that usually such fees are not collected and that the insurance is to cover all charges.
12. I never did get to contact the insurance company nor did I get the insurance coverage policy.
13. I never got the service I payed for!
They are abusive and unfair.
Paying all in advance put me in their mercy and they abused it.
No matter how much I asked them to make this right they kept on ignoring my repeated requests and kept on asking for more money and additional charges.
I wish they are dealt properly by law failing to comply with any standard of international trade and commerce laws and customs.
* All is documented and a transcript of all email correspondence is available.
Thank you for filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission. Based on the information you have given us, we recommend that you take the following steps, if you have not already.
It has been 2 months and they have failed to answer.
It has been a year and a half and I have yet not recovered my money.
As an outsider to the American nation I would think things are done differently there, a little more honesty and respect.
I think the American public should denunciate such way of conducting business and put such businesses out of business cause they make every one look bad.
Not to mention the awfal complaints and reviews I read on the internet about air7Seas.
The bike is considered a collectors item in Israel and was meant to be a gift to my Father's retirement day!
I will press charges for the full value of the bike and all additional expenses.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2012 06:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Air7Seas-Rama-Koppula-Naomi-Munga-Rakesh-Sharma/Milpitas-California-95035/Air7Seas-Rama-Koppula-Naomi-Munga-Rakesh-Sharma-Air7Seas-Rama-Koppula-Naomi-Munga-Rakes-854722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.