expert

• Submitted: Wed, January 14, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, January 14, 2009

• Reported By:Gahanna Ohio
AirTran Airlines
airtran.com Tampa Airport Tampa,, Florida U.S.A.

AirTran Airlines - Maria The Ticket Check-in Counter Clerk Baggage TOOOO Big! Tampa Airport Tampa, Florida

While coming back from a trip to Florida in Dec 2008 my wife and I are checking our baggage at the AirTran Check in counter. The lady behind the counter weighed the bags as they always do, and all was fine. Then she pulls out a tape measure and measures my bag. A bag I might add I have been traveling with for years and came to Florida with a week earlier on the same airline, Airtran. Maria, the counter clerk pleasingly announced that my bag is 2 inches oversize and that will cost me another $39.00 in fees if I wish to take it to Columbus Ohio on the plane. I asked her how that could be when I have used it on other airlines and even on theirs 7 days earlier and never had a problem. She proudly announced that apparently people are not doing their jobs. Again she told me it was my choice.

I objected to the charge but to no avail. No I am sorry, I wish I did not have to do this, I will let it go this time but it wont pass the next time Merry Christmas thanks for flying AirTran. So, she told me again it was my choice.

Lets see I either pay up to the strong arm of Maria or leave my worldly belongings in Tampa. I had to pay the $39.00. That was bad enough, but it still stuck in my mind how AirTran charged my an extra $7 per seat charge for booking my seats online. This amounted to $28 down to Tampa and $28 back as we had a connect in Atlanta. If you own stock in AirTran begin to sell. These folks do not know how to treat customers, and they rip you off when any opportunity arises.

John
Gahanna, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 02:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AirTran-Airlines/Tampa-Airport-Tampa-Florida/AirTran-Airlines-Maria-The-Ticket-Check-in-Counter-Clerk-Baggage-TOOOO-Big-Tampa-Airpor-412074. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AirTran Airlines