• Report: #1062059

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped Off — Reading Pennsylvania
Aire Serv
2000 Ridge Rd. Pottstown Pa 19465 Pottstown, Pennsylvania USA

Aire Serv AKA Aire Serv Pottstown PA, Aire Serv Corporate, The Dwyer Group, TKO Mechanical Phony Warranty Pottstown Pennsylvania

I am reporting AIRE Serv of Pottstown PA to start.  I had a brand new heat pump installed in Aug. 2008 with a what was on sales documents were a 10 year parts & labor warranty. I paid $7700 for the entire install including the 10 year warranties.

In May 2013 the unit has developed a problem.  I called the installer, Aire Serv, several times to no avail.  i then paid another company to come our to service it to get the unit running on a Saturday at time & a half.  The other company saw the paper work and said to call the installer to have the unit tested as what they did was a temporary fix.  I spent $484 on the emergency repair.

I then called Aire Serv again.  This time I got the owner Thomas Lakeman on Tuesday June 3. He requests I send him all of the paperwork of the serial number of the unit.  I told him I's send the documents after the call which I did.  I scheduled an appointment for a week later - Tuesday June 10.

I then called Mr. Lakeman on Monday June 9 to confirm he was coming and reminded him that this had a full labor warranty on it.  This is when the problems began.  He said he was coming but a few hours later he called back.  He said he may not come because it's raining.  I told him the next day was forecasted to be sunny & warm.  Why not wait until the morning to see if it is raining and then call to reschedule. He promised he'd call me first thing to let me know if he was coming.  I left it at that.

Lo & behold, the next day comes, it's bright & sunny and no Mr. Lakeman.  I call him several times to no avail.  I finally get a call at 10 am (appt. for 7 am) from him that he says he had a flat tire. I express my displeasure and then reschedule again for Sat. June 14.  Again he's a no show.I called the manufacturer of the unit to understand my warranty rights.  The manufacturer says there's no registration for my unit at all.  Aire Serv never sent them in!  The requested the documentation of the installation.  to their credit, York Corporation, gave me the parts warranty but said the labor agreement is with Aire Serv.

I then called Aire Serv Corporate HQ to express my displeasure.  They asked me to send them the paperwork.  they said they'd tried to help me straighten this out.  They admitted I had paid for a "Aire Serv" labor Warranty.

I continued to follow up with them and their answer was they could not get hold of their franchisee.  Since Aire Serv is  an "owner operated" business they can't help me.  I responded that you've admitted I have an "Aire Serv Labor Warranty" that's essentially isn't worth the "Aire Serv Sales agreement that it's written on.  they responded that's between you and the franchisee.

So now I haver to spend another $1000 to get the unit repaired.  york is paying the parts bill but it needs to be installed.

So buyer beware with AIRE SERV in any shape way or form.  you have a contract with the installer with no backing of the franchisor.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Aire-Serv-/Pottstown-Pennsylvania-19465/Aire-Serv-AKA-Aire-Serv-Pottstown-PA-Aire-Serv-Corporate-The-Dwyer-Group-TKO-Mechanic-1062059. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Aire Serv