Complaint Review: Airfare.com - Wholesale Travel Center

• Updated: Fri, July 30, 2010

• Reported By: Gregg — Scottsdale Arizona United States of America
Airfare.com - Wholesale Travel Center
5110 ridgefield rd, Suite 409 Bethesda, Maryland United States of America

Airfare.com - Wholesale Travel Center Discount Airfare Tickets Bethesda, Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: Company Response

Back in March I purchased 1 ticket to Poland through Airfare.com.  The booked my flight with British Airways.  British Airways then cancelled my flight due to strike.  They told me that if I want a refund I need to contact Airfare.com from where I initially purchased my ticket.  An operator at Airfare.com told me that I need to file a refund claim and then it will take 4-6 weeks for me to receive the refund.  After 6 weeks I called them again because I there was no refund.  They didn't know what to say and kept tranfering to another department which was a dead and my calls were dropped.  I called several times and requested an explanation.  They were either putting me on hold and then my call was dropped or they were transfering me to another department and my call was dropped.  All of the people there speak with a heavy middle eastern accent and are hard to understand and much less able to explain anything.  A complete rip-off.  Once you pay those people for something, the money is gone regardless if the services were rendered or not.  Be warned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2010 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Airfarecom-Wholesale-Travel-Center/Bethesda-Maryland-20816/Airfarecom-Wholesale-Travel-Center-Discount-Airfare-Tickets-Bethesda-Maryland-621573. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Airfare.com - Wholesale Travel Center

Company Response

AUTHOR: Special Operations Team - (United States of America)

Since 1979, Airfare.com parent company has been dedicated to accommodating travelers with top value airfare made possible by discounted airline consolidation.  In 1995, we became the first airline discounter to go online.  Over this period of time, airfare.com has continually strived to provide world-class customer service and affordable airfare prices. We handle hundreds of thousands reservations a year and have dealt with millions of different transactions since our company has been in business.  We are a fully bonded travel company, a verified merchant of authorize.net, an ARC appointed member of ASTA, a member of IATAN, Visa Verified, a member of Master Card Secure Code, Diners Club International, Discover Card Financial Services, American Express, and all bookings are Secured by GeoTrust Secure Socket Layer.

Airfare.com does not change reservations without the written consent of the traveler. Airlines are constantly updating their systems with new flight times and routing. There are times where notifications are not sent to us. As a result, we cannot notify the passenger of an airline schedule change. When we do receive notification, we make every attempt to advise the passenger about the schedule change by phone and email.  Airfare.com will do everything possible to help the traveler find acceptable arrangements, with the ultimate responsibility placed on the airline to give the approval on accommodating the passengers schedule change. Airfare.com strongly recommends travelers to constantly check their reservation with us and the airline.

It is Airfare.coms belief that providing world-class customer service is a top priority.  We are committed to answering all questions and handling all issues.  All of our agents are thoroughly trained to handle all of our travelers needs.
In the interest of providing effective and timely service to our travelers, airfare.com does utilize off-shore call center services to supplement our U.S. team. Airfare.com takes customer feedback very seriously and has enacted a major overhaul of the customer service department beginning in July, 2010.  Airfare.com is committed to our practice of providing out clients with world class customer service.