Complaint Review: Airfare.com

• Reported By: bill wolf — grand island New York United States of America
Airfare.com
5110 ridgefield Rd, Suite 409 Bethesda, Maryland United States of America

Airfare.com Wholesale Travel Center Inc. Extortionists Bethesda, Maryland

Avoid this company like the plague.

I purchased a ticket for 12/22/2010 but the ticket I received was for 01/22/2011. At first I figured it was my mistake but after a horrendous experience with their "Customer Service" department where I was misinformed, lied to and disrespected (and that was if I was lucky enough to get through to them) I decided to search on the internet for information about the company. What I found was a slew of complaints similar to my own. Apparently the "bait and switch" is just one of airfare.com's methods of extorting money out of you. You think your buying a certain ticket but the one you receive is different. Then, even if you call them within minutes of the purchase they charge you a "change fee" to correct it.

I even TRIED to pay the change fee in order to get the correct flight but their "Customer Service" is sooooo bad that I couldn't even get THAT done. I ended up purchasing a ticket from someone else and I'm going to dispute the charges.

If you have had a similar experience, please share it! And make sure you file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

P.S. (to airfare.com) If you agree with me then please insert your pre-composed, copied and pasted, response below.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2010 10:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Airfarecom/Bethesda-Maryland-20816/Airfarecom-Wholesale-Travel-Center-Inc-Extortionists-Bethesda-Maryland-676863. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Airfare.com