Complaint Review: Airfare.com

• Updated: Tue, September 04, 2012

• Reported By: Diannakiru — Baltimore Maryland United States of America
Airfare.com
4619 41st Street NW, Suite 300, Internet United States of America

Airfare.com The Worst Customer Service EVER! Airfare.com Ignored my Request, Yelled and Cut Me Off. Info on their website is a scheme!!!! Stay AWAY! Internet

I am relocating to Europe and purchased my ticket through Airfare with Scandinavian Airlines (SAS), for October 1st (ZDRQ5C). Because I am relocating, I have to take my pet (dog) with me.

After booking the ticket, SAS informed me that they can not accommodate my pet for the second part of my trip (Copenhagen to destination) and that I should change my flight to September 25, when they had enough room to accommodate both me and the pet.

I know it's Airfare rule that they don't handle pet issues, so all I asked of them was to change my flight to September 25. They first ignored my request (sent through phone and email) and when someone finally called me, told me they can not make the change because it didn't show in their system. I told them the flight exists as SAS recommended it, and they said they will take care of it.

But Airfare did not handle my request for change for almost a week, so I decided to just cancel my flight since no one was taking care of my request. So I again called and emailed to cancel my trip. I had previously purchased insurance on the ticket through Travel Guard (on Airfare website) - which did not specify at the time of purchase that clients are only covered on health and natural disaster issues. Travel Guard agents told me they need proof of cancellation from Airfare so when I emailed Airfare, I also asked for a receipt confirming cancellation.

Only 2 weeks after sending in that request, I got an automated email from Airfare asking me to download a cancellation form from their website (nowhere to be found). When I called to do it over the phone, the agent hung up the phone after yelling and talking over me - not the first time this was happening.They kept repeating that my ticket was non-refundable, without listening to me telling them that that was something for me to take with Travel Guard and that all I needed from them was an email confirming cancellation due to their inability to move my flight to September 25.

I called them back to ask to speak to a manager and they gave me a faulty extension to enter to get to someone; then I called again to ask for the contact information for the President of the company and in response, the representative asked me what is my nationality and why do I need this information. When I proceeded to ask him what was the relevance of my nationality to the conversation, he hung up.

Even if I am to have to take the bullet and pay for the whole thing, I will make sure everyone knows how poor customer service they have; that their tickets are non-refundable and that the insurance provider that is advertised on their website is a scheme to make people pay for a service they will actually never be able to claim.

If you look at their homepage on their website you will notice that even their address is misspelled "Washingtion" - should be a first flag to warn people off about how "professional" they are.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/04/2012 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Airfarecom/internet/Airfarecom-The-Worst-Customer-Service-EVER-Airfarecom-Ignored-my-Request-Yelled-and-C-936593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Airfare.com