Complaint Review: Airlines Parking

• Submitted: Mon, January 26, 2004
  • Updated: Sat, June 10, 2006

• Reported By:Traverse Michigan
Airlines Parking
8325 Merriman Rd. Romulus, Michigan U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-300-9069
  • Web:
  • Category: Airports

Airlines Parking over-charged me $25.00 from advertised price. Ripoff! Romulus Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Face it...

*Consumer Suggestion: $50 a Week to Park at the Airport?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Lou was NOT "ripped off." He was a victim of wrong information posted

Airlines Parking at Detroit Metro airport ripped me off for about $20.00. The Metro airport website has a link to parking lots at the airport which list the prices they charge, Airlines Parking listed thier rates at $33.00 per week, charged me $52.00 fo 7 days and 2 hours! Wheb I called them they directed me to their personel web site which listed parking at $47.00 per week.

Lou
Traverse, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2004 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Airlines-Parking/Romulus-Michigan/Airlines-Parking-over-charged-me-2500-from-advertised-price-Ripoff-Romulus-Michigan-78134. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Airlines Parking

Face it...

AUTHOR: Dan - (U.S.A.)

airport parking is a pain in the a**, just take a taxi, but sometimes you may just want to go with airport parking, but I do feel bad for u

#2 Consumer Suggestion

$50 a Week to Park at the Airport?

AUTHOR: Orville Wright - (U.S.A.)

Hey Cheap-o I pay $26 A DAY to park at LAX. My parking costs me over $100 for 4 days. Cry me a river. I hear the parking is FREE over at Greyhound.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

The rate of $33.00 per week is an OLD rate that was in effect back in 1997. It was our discount coupon rate. I checked the Metro airport website (www.metroairport.com) and the site has NO links to parking lots other than the airports OWN parking lots. I suspect Lou from Traverse City, MI somehow got connected with a web page created by ??? and the page was never kept up to date on current pricing of parking lots around Detroit Metro Airport. This is not the first time we have seen this where wrong information is kept on some web page and never updated. Our current website at www.AirlinesParking.com has our current pricing for Regular Customers with NO discounts. Lou was charged correctly at today's prices for 7 Days and 2 Hours. He was charge the full non-discounted rate of $47.70 per week plus $4.50 for 2 hours (not a full day). This comes to $52.20. Lou was NOT "ripped off." He was a victim of wrong information posted on the Internet. Also, if Lou had a discount coupon (available at our site) or was a member of AAA, he would of paid less. The moral of the story is - be sure to check your sources.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company