Complaint Review: Airport Chevrolet Buick GMC

• Updated: Sun, July 21, 2013

• Reported By: ESwe — Ashland Oregon
Airport Chevrolet Buick GMC
3001 Biddle Rd. Medford, Oregon USA

Airport Chevrolet Buick GMC Talon HayesGreg Mills Predatory Sales Practices and Inflated Interest Rates Based on Inaccurate Credit Ratings/False Advertising Medford Oregon

*General Comment: Same thing they tried with me

*Author of original report: ???

*Author of original report: You Are Right

*Consumer Comment: Who is the idiot here?

*Consumer Comment: Insider NEWS for all car buyers

*Author of original report: Regret - Not Remorse

*Author of original report: Should It Really Be That Way?

*Consumer Comment: Buyer's Remorse

*Consumer Comment: What You're Saying Is...

I bought a car at Airport Chevrolet. The sales person, Talon Hayes would not give me the internet rate and tried to charge me almost $6000 more than the price shown at the Build-A-Sonic area of the Chevrolet internet site. Airport Chevrolet has an ad out that features a woman with credit problems who claimed she got a car at Airport Chevrolet at a good interest rate. I put $10,000 down and got a  22% interest rate. Talon Hayes said I should be happy to get that rate and that in other states the law does not regulate interest rates and people get much higher rates. In addition, the salesman picked me up to take me to the dealership and said if things don't work out, he would give me a ride home. I asked to go home several times and he would not take me home. He instead came back with other offers. Airport Chevrolet got me an interest rate on a credit rating that was 40 points below my actual credit score.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2013 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Airport-Chevrolet-Buick-GMC/Medford-Oregon-97504/Airport-Chevrolet-Buick-GMC-Talon-HayesGreg-Mills-Predatory-Sales-Practices-and-Inflated-1068923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Airport Chevrolet Buick GMC

#1 General Comment

Same thing they tried with me

AUTHOR: Airport Chevy - No Thanks - ()

Airport Chevy (airportchevy.com) in Medford Oregon uses the sleeziest sales tactics possible. I have a preapproved loan and only called to get a price on my trade in and than they kept asking what my rate was and if they could meet it would I buy from them. After pulling my report a couple times they said come in and lets see what we can do. Mind you I told them from the start I am not looking to purchase right this minute as my preapproval is good for 45 days and im looking for the best deal on a suv I wanted.

I agree to meet with them and they brought a phony KBB report in regards to the price of the car (actually about 5k more than the true value). I noticed the link at the bottom of the printout was an auto dealer link so right there was the first major red flag. All he kept telling me was I need to say if you get me this price I can work a deal. I kept asking what is the interest rate you got? Ignored my question and continued with the sales pitch. After asking 4 times and getting the run around I finally said give me my keys im done playing your game. After going into the managers office and yelling and screaming back and forth between them he came out handed me my keys and said I have never dealt with a buyer like you before and he cant work with me if I need the information.

Anyways before dealing with airport chevy in medford for any new or used car or truck I would recommend going anywhere else. If you go to a car dealer make sure he is giving you all the information he has before you even start the negotiation process. If you dont you will be guaranteed to have buyers remorse because the game they play is set up for you to pay way over and above fair market value.

This is my oopinion and I promise you if you deal with airport chevy you will be burned if you dont have the information you need. I recommendbefore buying any vehicle just go direct to your bank or cc company and get a loan upfront. This way youre not paying the juiced up rate places like airport chevy in medford will try to get you for.

This is just my opinion and honest review of what I dealt with first hand at airport chevy in medford today.

???

AUTHOR: ESwe - ()

I think you might be responding to another complaint. This rebuttal seems out of place.

You Are Right

AUTHOR: ESwe - ()

All of those things you write are true. But, no matter how much homework I do, if the person I am dealing with is dishonest, and I am not used to dealing with dishonest people, I will be at a disadvantage. I did ask the guy doing my finance work, Jonathon Price, why it seemed he was able to work with the interest rates. I noticed that he offered a lower interest rate if I bought an extended warrenty and the GAP insurance (GAP - really? I paid cash for half of the value of the car). I told him it appeared he had the power to lower my interest rate. He said not him, but the banks lower interest rates when people buy the extra stuff because it looks like the buyer is wanting to take care of the car. In retrospect, I know most of the stuff coming out of these people was BS - and I will tell as many people as I can to save them from being ripped off by these people. It bothers me that people are so quick to blame me, or blame the buyer who bought the lie. Consider that there are three very experienced people working against the buyer. There is the salesperson, the salesperson's manager, and the finance person. These people do this all day long for years. I don't buy cars all day long for years. Bottom line, it is wrong to treat the buyer of your brand this way. Buying a car is a major purchase. The dealership should be honored that a person is making a major purchase from them. They should not look at the sale as an opportunity to sucker the consumer coming and going. It is wrong to operate in such a dishonest manner. And yet we accept it - and blame the buyer!

Who is the idiot here?

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"I suggest you shut up before you remove all reasonable doubt of what an idiot you are"

Who is the idiot here? Let's examine the evidence:

"yes air conditioning and plumbing Bait and switch price gouging las vegas Nevada"

I'm smart enough to know that a company name and the name of a city should be capitalized. I'm also smart enough to know that what you described does not meet the definition of bait and switch and that you were not gouged because they were not the only air conditioning service available. Only an idiot would make four errors in the title.

"I am working alot"

I'm smart enough to know that "alot" is not a word.

"that comess off the bill"

I'm smart enough to know that comes has one 's'.

"she was able to get a hold of me"

I'm smart enough to know the correct word is ahold NOT "a hold".

"the service evalutation fee"

I'm smart enough to correctly spell evaluation.

"they told here there was nothing they could do about it"

I'm smart enough to know how to spell her.

"wasnt' necesarry"

I'm smart enough to properly spell wasn't and necessary.

I'm clearly much smarter than you, so if I'm an idiot, you must be below the level of an idiot.

Insider NEWS for all car buyers

AUTHOR: Auto dealer fraud Investigator - ()

First lets chat about the rate. If you signed a contract that says 22% and the dealer's finance manager sent your info to a bunch of lenders to try together the loan bought at the LOWEST RATE they could find, THEN get you to sign a legal contract at the HIGHEST rate they an get you to agree to.

JUST BECAUSE YOU agreed to say that 22% does not men you are going to get anything close to what is called the BUY RATE.   So if you contracted at 22% and the dealer got you bought at 10 % the dealer gets The difference. The bank will send him a check for the difference being 12%

Many banks will ginve a customer a MUCH lower rate  when you put that kind of money down. I am willing to BET MONEY that the contract that you signed DOES NOT mention the name  of YOUR LENDER,  if that's the case there is a sizable POINT SPREAD that you don't know about.

I am also WILLING TO BET that you have a SH*T LOAD of credit Inquiries on your credit report NOW. The higher interest rate you agree to, the more money you put in the finance managers pocket as a commission.  It's your job as a customer to negotiate everything when you go to a dealership and buy a car. And trust me the interest rate that you agree to is negotiable.. The finance manager and the sales manager will never tell you that

Now why don't you spend some time and go pull a credit report on yourself and see how many auto lenders have reviewed your credit report.  Many car dealers will take a shotgun to your credit report and send it to his many lenders as they possibly can find Looking to contract with the bank at the lowest interest rate possible and get you to sign the highest interest rate possible. Thats Called in a large point spread for back in gross but you never told that.

Next time go to Google and type in auto dealer finance manager ripoffs. Start doing more homework before you go to the dealership not after

Regret - Not Remorse

AUTHOR: ESwe - ()

I don't have remorse - I didn't do anything wrong. But I have lots of regret. I should have walked out. I should not have done business with them. I do like the car though. I just wish I would have bought it from another dealership. I have to mention that it was spur of the moment when Talon said he was coming to pick me up, and I had my 9-year-old grandson with me - so I felt kind of scared at the thought of not being able to get back home.

Should It Really Be That Way?

AUTHOR: ESwe - ()

I don't disagree with you there. At the moment, I did not think to take a taxi and the busses had stopped running because it was the end of the day. But is that how it should be? I put $10,000 cash on the car. I had talked to the salesman a lot over the week. He seemed nice. But yes, when I asked Talon over the phone what the price looked like and what the financing looked like, and he said we needed "face time" to discuss that, I should have walked. I didn't. And I regret it because the other local dealership, TC Chevy in Ashland, answered my questions about financing and gave me the internet price for the car, minus a TC cash discount and a GMC cash discount. But I liked Talon and stuck with him. Big big mistake.

Buyer's Remorse

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You made a choice and now you are not satisfied. You are suffering from a case of buyer's remorse.

What You're Saying Is...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

...YOU volunteered to play doormat and take whatever crumbs they were willing to throw you!  You could have called a taxi, you could have called a friend, you could have just walked out.  Don't blame them because they took control of you rather than you controlling your own feet!  No, I don't work for them!