Complaint Review: Airtouch Cellular

• Updated: Thu, November 11, 1999

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Airtouch Cellular
Nationwide U.S.A.

Airtouch Cellulars Customer Service over 30 minutes delay for service. Cellular One just bought them out!

Dont bother calling Airtouch Cellulars Customer Service. I was on hold for well over 30 min. before I was assisted.

As I sat on hold listening to their advertisement about what a wonderful service provider they were, I wondered if I would get a quicker response by mail. I hung up and tried back the next evening. Again I was put on hold for around 30 min.

After I was finally assisted, I decided to try something. I noticed they ran a lot of advertisement for accessories while you sit and wait for the next available representative to assist you. I pressed the digit on my phone to direct me to the merchandise purchasing department and sure enough, my call was answered right away! I guess they only want to talk to you if you are spending money.

Well, as it turned out, my phone was not turned on by the next morning (like I was promised) so I had to...yes, you guessed it...wait on hold again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/1999 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Airtouch-Cellular/nationwide/Airtouch-Cellulars-Customer-Service-over-30-minutes-delay-for-service-Cellular-One-just-917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Airtouch Cellular