Complaint Review: Al COllins Graphic Design School

• Updated: Wed, January 19, 2011

• Reported By: Cathryn — Holland Michigan United States of America
Al COllins Graphic Design School
Priest Dr Tempe, Arizona United States of America

Al COllins Graphic Design School Collins College PLEASE HELP ME BEGIN A LAWSUIT FRAUD FRAUD Tempe , Arizona

I attended this school in 1995. I went in hopeful, motivated and naive. I was a single mother trying to gain an education and begin a career. At the age of 23 I signed a loan contract in the amount of 16,000. Pell Grants were about 6,000. Im not sure that I made it half way through, partially do to having to work and school and kids and partially because the whole thing was a joke. How the Dept of Educ can back this trade school, is beyond me. Thousands of students, thousands of dollars in debt and the school is very hesitant in giving up copies of files. Some files I have received have amounts scratched out and different amounts written over the top of them. From what I can make out, loan money was requested when I wasnt enrolled and pell grant money was rarely applied when I was attending. I have all but given up trying to straighten this out, because ultimately I signed the loan agreement with the school and the US Dept of Education.

I worked hard to get the grades I got, even when I noticed there were several who would brag about their A's but were rarely seen in class or on campus. One instructor failed an entire class, aside form 2 students. It was a typography class. How does one actually fail a typography class.

I am appalled at this school, the banks that work with them and the Dept of Education-they all have to know the success rate of the students, and the amount of students who drop out, and the amount that end up defaulting on huge loans.

This is horrible and unfair and nothing has been done so it continues on at our expense.

For the last ????? years I have been scrambling to fix a disaster their Fin Aid Dept has caused. At this point, the loan is at 56,000 for a 6,000 loan agreement.

If you or someone you know was screwed by this school, contact me--as one or two people we may not make a dent in this but if we had a group of people stand up against this fraudulent and misleading school, maybe then someone will listen.

3 on your side-where are you???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/19/2011 07:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Al-COllins-Graphic-Design-School/Tempe-Arizona-/Al-COllins-Graphic-Design-School-Collins-College-PLEASE-HELP-ME-BEGIN-A-LAWSUIT-FRAUD-FRAU-684279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Al COllins Graphic Design School