- Report: #1154058
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Al Hendrickson Toyota
Al Hendrickson Toyota5201 West Sample Road Coconut Creek, Florida USA
Al Hendrickson Toyota Service Department Rip Off Coconut Creek Florida
*Consumer Comment: You Didn't Fall For This...Did You???
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Recently (May 28, 2014) I drove to the dealership to get the 55,000 mile service performed. My mileage was 54,828 miles. Before any work was done I was presented with a written Repair Estimate. In that estimate, the following services were noted as needing to be done:
1. Brake Job-Front (Replace Pads/Resurface Rotors) – BJF for $199.00. (Don’t know if that includes labor?) I have a receipt that states I had the front brakes done for the first time since I purchased the car on April 25, 2012 at 39,909 miles at that dealership. The cost was $256.98. I am up north at least 2 to 3 months a year and my car sits in Florida with no one using it. Could it be possible that the front brakes need to be replaced on May 28, 2014 with only 14,919 worth of wear? The first set of brake pads lasted 39,909 miles and the second set 14,919. I have never replaced the rear brakes. I am the only driver of the car.
2. Premium ATF SVC (Automatic Transmission Service) for $239.95 (Don’t know if that includes labor?) I have a receipt that states I had the transmission service done on April 3, 2013 at 47,367 miles at that dealership. The cost was $235.95. Could it be possible that transmission needs to be serviced again on May 28, 2014 with 54,828 miles showing? Only 7,461 miles and I need to do another transmission service?
3. Drive Belt for $249.36 (Don’t know if that includes labor?) I have a receipt that states I had the belt changed on April 3, 2013 at 47,367 miles at that dealership. Could it be possible I need a new drive belt on May 28, 2014 with 54,828 miles? Only 7,462 miles and a new drive belt is needed?
Needless to say I am quite disillusioned. Did the original service actually take place or was I scammed then? Or did the original service really take place and I’m being scammed now? Perplexing, isn’t it?
The service writer also noted Spark Plug Replacement at $313.00 (Don’t know if that includes labor?) In the Scheduled Maintenance Guide for my 2008 4 Runner it states the plugs need to be changed at 90,000 miles or 108 months? Why do I need to change them at 54,828 miles and only 74 months? Should I believe he is telling me the truth? Don’t think so!
The service writer also verbally said to me that the timing belt will soon have to be changed along with the water pump and appropriate seals and other parts that go along with that job. Again, in the Scheduled Maintenance Guide for my 2008 4 Runner it states the timing belt should be changed at 90,000 miles or 108 months. Why do I need to change the timing belt at 54,828 and only 74 months? Should I believe he is telling me the truth? Don’t think so!
The service writer also noted in the written Repair Estimate that I need Rear Shock Absorbers at $793.00 and Front Struts at $826.52 (Don’t know if that includes labor?) Should I believe he is telling me the truth? Don’t think so.
After any service, I would usually get an e-mail asking to rate the service. I did get the e-mail from the dealership and filled it out in an unfavorable way noting some of the previous points (as many as could fit in their reply e-mail). The dealership did call me on June 2, 2014 and told me that they would work on the issues I had and I have not heard from anyone since.
Unfortunately, in society today senior citizens seem to be targets of cons, scams, etc. Perhaps our upbringing is the culprit. We are trusting, because in our generation a person’s word was his bond and you could believe what someone told you.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2014 04:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Al-Hendrickson-Toyota/Coconut-Creek-Florida-33073/Al-Hendrickson-Toyota-Service-Department-Rip-Off-Coconut-Creek-Florida-1154058. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.