Complaint Review: Al Wittnebert

• Submitted: Wed, June 18, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, September 07, 2008

• Reported By:Apopka Florida
Al Wittnebert
Uncle Als Time Capsule 140 E 4th Ave. Mount Dora, Florida U.S.A.

Al Wittnebert (Sign Here) (Uncle Al) They took my money sent me nothing then gave me fake proof they mailed off what I ordered! Mount Dora Florida

*Consumer Comment: Balance the equation

*Consumer Comment: Customer of Mr. Wittneberts for 10 yrs.

*Consumer Comment: Wittnebert

*Author of original report: Have Proof

*Consumer Comment: ALWAYS VERIFY BY PHONE THAT THE MERCHANDISE YOU WANT IS IN STOCK!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: See you in Court

*Author of original report: Sign Here

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Donna Long is in error and has libeled me.

At the time I was living in Knoxville...I had saved up some money and was wanting a signed Lynda Carter Wonder Woman photo...as a small Girl I had loved the photos of her wearing her cape so that was the one I wanted..I am disabled so I am on a limited budget and couldn't really afford to buy the autograph..my Mother who was in her late 70's at the time gave me the rest as a Birthday gift..I emailed sign here and asked about prices, shipping, payment options and where to send the payment..I received a rather course blunt response with a price list and shipping costs..no greeting no nothing just the info short and not so sweet..I wasn't given any info on what kind of payments they accept and where to send the payment...so again I emailed asking for the missing info and they responded with a address..so I emailed and asked if they accept money orders and who do I make it out to if they do..all of their responses were short and to the point..I wanted the signed photo not to have my money stolen!

I bought a postal money order for the amount $49 and mailed it off..three weeks later nothing..so I emailed again asking about delivery time and was verbally attacked by Al Wittnebert..he bascally called me a liar said he mailed off my order and according to the bar code # it is at the post office..so I called the po and wa stold I needed the bar code # so I emailed for it and received a fake one in return..the PO said it was not valid..so I again emailed sign here and received a photo copy of a insurance receipt for $25 and a white mail receipt for knoxville..when I informed them my item was $45 not $25..they began ignroing my complaints..I emailed the UACC because that was how I found sign here and was promised they would help me out..a few days later I get a nasty email calling me a liar and impatient by then it had been 6 weeks since I emailed about not receiving my autograph..turns out Al Wittnebert is on the UACC board..guess he's not only a thief, but also power hungry! I checked on their website and the photo I had ordered and paid for was still on the site so I sent a complaint to the BBB and one month later that photo and the other one they offered was taken down..I also contacted the PO and heard nothing back it was as if Uncle Al was being allowed to steal my $49..all of his proof was fake and he refused to do right by me.. At the time my Partner was in the hospital and was near death so I put her first and let this go..when I recently returned to the BBB website I saw where they listed Sign here as doing everything they could to make the comnplaint right. I emailed and told them that was a lie..my money was stolen I was called a liar and nothing was ever done on sign here or uncle als part to make anything right..

Since all of this I have moved to Florida..my life has taken a much better turn, but it still bothers me that Al Wittnebert got away with taking money from a disabled person lying through his teeth and committing mail and internet fraud..I just want everyone to know how this disabled person was cheated out of her money by Sign Here and Uncle Al..he now calls his site Al Wittneberts Autographs, but changing this site name does not change the fact he stole my money! I hope he chokes on my money!!

Donna
Apopka, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2008 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Al-Wittnebert/Mount-Dora-Florida-32757/Al-Wittnebert-Sign-Here-Uncle-Al-They-took-my-money-sent-me-nothing-then-gave-me-fake-341486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Al Wittnebert

Balance the equation

AUTHOR: Al H. - (U.S.A.)

The UACC cannot traditionally accept complaints from non UACC members. However in this case we invited the complainant to do so. To date she has not, and, it should be noted, it is 3 years later.

Customer of Mr. Wittneberts for 10 yrs.

AUTHOR: Eagle One - (U.S.A.)

To Whom It May Concern,

First of all, I would like to say that any attacks made aganist Al Wittnebert are unwarrented and malicious. He has been an upstanding business man for over 30 yrs. and is a pilar to the community of Mt. Dora. Mr Wittnebert has been in businesss for over 30 yrs. and I have had the honor of dealing with Mr. Wittnebert for the last 10 of those years. I once have never had any problems with Mr. Wittnebert or the items he sells in his shop. I have noticed that when you either buy a $1,000.00 item to an item for only $10.00 he treats everybody with the same care and professionalism that he is known for. I consider him one of the leading signature dealers and authenticators in the country. His credientials are impectable. I have even sent new people in the hobby to him for advise and where to start in hobby. By the way, get one thing straight, the name of the store is Uncle Al's Time Capsule dba Al Wittnebert Autographs, Inc.

Second of all, I too am a member of the Uacc and have been for several years. I have checked into this claim with the Uacc and they did in fact investigate this claim. They found no wrong doings against Mr. Wittnebert. And yes, Mr Wittnebert is on the board because he deserves it. He has been the Treasurer for several years. Now think to yourself, Why would we elect a man who would rob $49.00 to be the treasurer of the number one leading autograh club in the country. Also, when you make statements about him or the UACC you better get your facts straight.

Wittnebert

AUTHOR: Sandy - (U.S.A.)

Al Wittnebert's Autographs is not a BBB accredited business. This does not necessarily reflect negatively on the business.

I appreciated the obviously well-considered comments of Joe from Austin, Texas; and many of them are, generally, very appropriate (particularly with respect to the Plaintiff's literacy). However, I know that the Defendant is a well-known dealer of autographed material, with a grocery list of credentials. Based on these credentials, the Plaintiff had no reason to doubt the Defendant or perform the extra due diligence Joe suggests. I am familiar with the Defendant's web site and have no doubt the item in question was available/for sale. The Plaintiff had every reason to believe she was dealing with a reputable business and that this reputable business would treat her with honesty and courtesy. That being said, it comes as no surprise to me that her experience was less than honest, courteous, professional or reputable.

Mr. Wittnebert is a member/officer of the Universal Autograph Collectors Club (UACC) and is subject to the UACC Code of Ethics. I would suggest that you edit/refine (e.g., spell check and use punctuation!) your complaint and submit it to the UACC Ethics Board with copies of all appropriate documents. You can find contact info under http://uacc.org/.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

First off everyone should know that Ms.L's complaint was brought to the Better Business Bureau back in August 2005. This is nearly three years ago people. The BBB in their investigation says I did perform due dillangence on this transaction.

My company does thousands of mail order transactions each year and this is the single only problem we have ever had. I ask you to check with the BBB and the local Chamber of Commerce which we are members.

Each package is sent insured including this one. We insure the packages for replacement cost, not the price we charge. I will post these receipts along with Ms. Ls diatribes on my website if it becomes nessassary.

The post office did investigate this shipment and says the item was received. I have all the receipts which again I provided Ms. L and the BBB.

I have received many honors and tributes for my service to the community for over 40 years and have a sterling reputation. This woman and this website do a diservice to honest people by allowing unsupported, undocumented and untrue statements to be put out on the web.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#6 REBUTTAL Owner of company

#7 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Have Proof

AUTHOR: Solari - (U.S.A.)

Still not libel! Lawyer/Friend already told me my proof says it's fact not libel! Bar Code # YOU claimed YOU had did NOT exist! YOU even admitted it in one of your emails, you said it was a mistake on your part the bar code was from another order from some time agao, there was just no way you could admit a mistake was made in shipping..yet you could mistakenly send me a bar code # from an older order..besides that my ordered photo stayed on your website until you received my complaint from the BBB then it mysteriously vanished along with the other signed WW photo you had..you know I'm not lying so once again I state no libel here...facts are facts and they are on my side!

How would you feel if someone did this to your Daughter or Wife or Sister or your Mother and you knew they couldn't afford to lose money not even a mere $49? Wouldn't like it would you? Keep the $49 I just hope you sent it to a charity!! I'm happy knowing I know the truth and so does God!!

ALWAYS VERIFY BY PHONE THAT THE MERCHANDISE YOU WANT IS IN STOCK!

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE! if you want legal advise retain a counsel who is licensed to practice law in the State of Florida. I don't even live in Florida but since the matter apparently involved US Mail which is a federal matter, probably Federal Jurisprudence would apply here.

THIS IS JUST PLAIN COMMON SENSE ADVICE! I AM NOT AN Attorney and I AM NOT REPRESENTING MYSELF AS ONE!

I had a difficult time getting through the gist of the complaint but it looks like to me that you should have complained to the postal inspectors to find out what happened to your money order since it is a US Post Office money order so they would have jurisdiction. That would have pretty much resolved the matter. The postal authorities would have got your money order refunded. You should have saved the half of your money order receipt as proof that you had sent it off and actually ordered the merchandise. BECAUSE THE POSTAL INSPECTORS WILL WANT TO SEE IT.

There were a lot of details missing as well. Apparently someone was wanting to order a Wonder Woman Photograph which was autographed and the defendant ALLEGEDLY had one for sale.

No letter of inquiry written first or no telephone call made to the defendant first to see if he/she still had the photo before you sent the money order?

ALWAYS VERIFY THAT THE PERSON HAS THE ITEM THAT YOU WANT IN STOCK BEFORE YOU SEND ANY MONEY AND ASK IF A US POSTAL MONEY ORDER IS SATISFACTORY.CALL AND TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE TO MAKE SURE THAT IT IS NOT AN INTERNET SCAM. ( Which it MAY well be but at least you can see if there is someone there and that their phone number actually works.)

ALSO, GET THE NAME OF THE PERSON YOU TALK TO. AND IF IT IS A LONG-DISTANCE CALL, THE FACT THAT IT WAS MADE SHOULD SHOW UP ON YOUR HOUSE PHONE BILL. Can also show up on cell phone bill too. There will be a record of it.

ALSO, IF THIS AD APPEARED ON THE INTERNET with the phone number, you need to get a hard copy by printing it so you will have something for your files if the deal is not to your liking later on.

I also think you could have got on thhe Internet and found out who Ms. Carter's personal agent was and contacted him/her and then they would probably sent you all aorts of photos, maybe even autographerd FREE OF CHARGE!(MORE LIKELY THAN NOT, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN FREE AND SHE MIGHT HAVE WRITTEN YOU A LETTER AS WELL SINCE SHE IS NOT WORKING REGULARLY NOW.)

I AM NOT TAKING SIDES IN THIS. It reminds me of the Springer show.

I THINK THE PLAINTIFF SHOULD HAVE RESEARCHED the merchant a little more thoroughly and that the Defendant should have told the plaintiff that he did not have the merchandise ( AS the plaintiff apparently NEVER received the merchandise that was advertised!).

WHEN IN DOUBT, DO NOT SEND THE MONEY!

Plaintiff needs to report this matter to the US Postal Authorities. Tell the postal employee at the service desk that you would like to report what you think is a US postal fraud to them and they should give you the form or refer you to a postal inspector.

As far as the defendant. Where is the proof that you ever offered autographs and autographed photos? Maybe you just happened to have the same name as a company that did offer these items and maybe you had other merchandise?

IT ALL LOOKS LIKE A HUGE MISUNDERSTANDING TO ME.

It doesn't help that plaintiff 's case is not exactly written in a coherent, articulate manner.

#10 REBUTTAL Owner of company

See you in Court

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

I hope you have the money to defend yourself in civil court. My lawyer is drawing up the suit as I write this response. You will be served within the week.
Welcome to Florida.

Sign Here

AUTHOR: Solari - (U.S.A.)

Libel..it is not libel I have ALL emails and snail mail replies..I also have my mo receipt..I have proof you claimed a bar code shows my item is at the PO and when I asked for the bar code number you did NOT have one instead you sent me copies of a mailing receipt that proved you mailed off something, but not what I ordered and it could have easily been returned to you as undeliverable..and a an insurance receipt for a $25 item I paid $45 plus shipping..what I ordered stayed on your website after you allegedly shipped it to me and wasn't taken off the site until after you heard about my complaint with the BBB..so choke on that $49!

#12 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Donna Long is in error and has libeled me.

AUTHOR: Al - (U.S.A.)

Ms. Long's statements about me and my company are libelous and distorted at best. If the BBB, UACC, and the USPS says I have done all I could to satisfy this woman's complaint, then my conscience is clear. Bottom Line: The post office says she signed for the package. She says someone stole her mailbox. If one were to read her lengthy diatribes regarding this transaction, you would have thought it was the crown jewels. We have been in business for over 30 years. You don't stay in business that long if you cheat people.
I have contacted my attorney here in Florida to take appropriate action against Ms. Long for her libelous and unsupported accusations.