Complaint Review: Alabama Self-insured Worker's Comp

• Submitted: Mon, April 14, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, February 17, 2013

• Reported By:Anonymous Alabama
Alabama Self-insured Worker's Comp
Po Box 59509 Birmingham, Alabama U.S.A.

Alabama Self-insured Worker's Comp The company caused me to fall on my knee due to slippery floor's Birmingham Alabama

*Author of original report: The three employers and former employees who screwed my mother over are three are advertising in the job section that they need help i wonder why could it be they screw and wronged many others

*Author of original report: Parkwood made other employees write false statements

*Consumer Comment: Where are you going to get the money when you claim you don't have any to pay the debts you welched on in the collection reports.

*Consumer Comment: Please answer

*Author of original report: Parkwood will still be sued for defamation of character and slander

*Author of original report: The employee Is always found guilty

*Consumer Comment: Thanx Patrick

*Author of original report: I know the truth

*Consumer Suggestion: Charles, the problem with this is

*Consumer Comment: Like?

*Author of original report: I have been unfairly lied about

*Author of original report: They fired my mother because of the workers comp claim

*Consumer Comment: Difficult?

*Author of original report: Ya'll make things difficult

*Author of original report: I haven't done anything wrong

*Consumer Suggestion: Why did parkwood even hire my mother to begin with

*Consumer Comment: Don't feel bad......no one trusts you.

*Consumer Comment: That was wonderful

*Author of original report: I trust no employers know

*Consumer Comment: Yes, you have posted many, many lies.

*Author of original report: Its all a bunch of lies

*Consumer Comment: Oh really ??

*Consumer Comment: But noting happened to 'you'

*Consumer Suggestion: Injured Workers At Self-Insured Company's Awareness Rally

*Author of original report: This situation has been resolved

*Author of original report: I feel insulted buy what parkwood did

*Author of original report: To robert

*Author of original report: Insurance company started back my payments

*Author of original report: Sorry but these people are going to be sued

*Consumer Comment: Good one Charles

*Author of original report: Insurance company wants to give me a hardtime I will give them one back

*Author of original report: Insurance companies should pay

*Author of original report: Lawyer agreed to take the case

I was injured on the job on 11/30/2007 the floor had just been clean & polished, I was walking down the hall which caused me to slip & fall. I fail on my right knee which was badly damanged due to the fall, the other employee's who saw me fall helped me & took me to the emergency room.

They also contacted human resources right away, my employer told me I could go home that day. This happend right after I was hired in the nursing home, I continued working for a month with my knee hurting.

On 01/09/2008 my doctor told me I was unable to work & told me I had to have physical therapy my doctor told me due to the knee injury I could not continue with working, he did not say I could not drive but I could not do any heavy work like the kind of work I was doing in nursing.

I filed a workman's comp claim & I was approved right away to receive weelky payment's. I received my first check on 01/11/2008 of $373, which was to receive every thursday.

Know 3 month's later when I am having to have surgery, the insurance company stop's my payment they did not have the courtesy to contact me I did not have a lawyer I thought everything was fine. Know they make up this lie saying my heal of my shoe broke, which it didn't break I still have the shoes.

Also they hired a lawyer which told them this was not a work related injury know they are fighting not to pay me anything, I contacted a lawyer & he said even if it did break I was working & it is work related they are breaking federal law's.

My lawyer said he would still represent me & help me sense I do not have any money coming in, I have a few month's before my mortage company start's foreclosing proceeding's I have two year's to file a lawsuit due to my employer causing this accident.

After my doctor said I could not return to work I was wrongfully terminated this is also agaisnt the law my lawyer said I have many thing's to sue for defamantion & slander, stopping payment refusing to pay for my surgery.

The insurance company is just getting themselves introuble for fighting this they accepted responsibilty & even been paying me for the last 4 month's know when I need to have surgery they start fighting, I am not shocked they would pull this.

They do not care if you need money to surive if the accident was not your fault.

Anonymous
Anonymous, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2008 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alabama-Self-insured-Workers-Comp/Birmingham-Alabama/Alabama-Self-insured-Workers-Comp-The-company-caused-me-to-fall-on-my-knee-due-to-slipper-326017. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alabama Self-insured Worker's Comp

Could it be that karma has come back and bit the employers in the a*s. You don't always get a with it forever trying to F*** with somebody's life or be mean to people just because they are a little different from you. Everybody deserves to be happy if you'er born into this country.

Parkwood made other employees write false statements

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

My mother never had a complaint agaisnt her license until this workers comp claim.

The supervisor or DON gave my mother problems 5 years ago, & gotten her fired because she worked with an agency & the DON didn't like agency nurses cause they made more money then them.

So know 5 years later the DON applied for a director of nursing job @ my moms new place of employment & here came the trouble.

My mother would never do something to jeopardize her license, or do something that she wasn't suppose to infront of her employer.

Parkwood Is writing slanderous statements to the board of nursing & having other employees write false statements.

The whole complaint Is false, the director of nursing DON never liked my mother.

But It does not give her the right to try to ruin my mothers career & reputation.

My mother will personally sue the director of nursing & the other 3 withnesses who wrote the false statements who claim they saw my mother do this.

The director of nursing had them write false statements, they will not get away with there lies this time.

My mother Is being falsely accused because the DON hates my mother & she Is trying to ruin my mother.

Like I have pointed out before my mother never had a omplaint In her entire nursing career.

Its sad you have to put up with crap when you are trying to make a living, but It does not give them the right to do what they are doing.

They are crazy out of their mind, they filed this complaint agaisnt my mother In retaliation & because the DON didn't like my mother.

Well parkwood isn't going to get away with this.

Also we are not moving from phenix city either, If parkwood starts having people bother us.

I am just fed up with all this nonsense, people wanting to ruin you for no reason.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

'Parkwood will still be sued for defamation of character and slander'

>>How? YOU do not have any money as is your excuse not to pay the debts you owe after beating people/companies out of their money.

'Parkwood will still be sued for defamation of character & slander If the board of nursing finds my mother guilty.'

>>Why are you repeating yourself and how do you know this? YOU ARE NOT YOUR MOMMY. Lawyers are not going to jeopardize their career over fraudulent lawsuits.

'Parkwood filed this complaint In retaliation of the workers compensation claim.'

>>Um, YOU are the one that posted this fraud.

'The director of nursing DON who filed the complaint will be sued personally from my mother, & the have gotten other employees to write false statements claiming they saw my mother what they told the board.'

>>And how do you know? YOU were not there. Why do you lie and continue to make believe you know what you are talking about? Maybe mommy was lying to you. It seems to be hereditary.

'My mother as been a nurse for 20 years & never had a complaint filed until she worked for parkwood, she said she Is sorry she ever worked for them.'

>>How do you know? YOU are not your mommy fraud.

'My mothers lawyer has already found where parkwood has contradicted themselves many times.'

>>How does she allegedly have money for a lawyer but YOU stated in a collection report that YOU were not going to pay for your debt but in fact SHE was going to. When is that going to happen? How can she afford a lawyer with no money? How do you know what a lawyer found as YOU are not THEM?

'Parkwood as told a completely different story to the alabama unemployment office that their was 1 withness, & they told the board they where two withnesses.'

>>And how do you know? YOU were not there making you a fraud.

'So my mothers lawyer Is going to give the board, statements what they said to the unemployment office.'

>>How do you know? YOU are not THEM.

'He told my mother that will go agaisnt them @ the hearing.'

>>How do you know? YOU are not THEM.

>>Why do you continue to lie on a daily basis?
>>When are you going to apologize to Steve for lying to him as was proven in your fraudulent schneider report?
>>How can either of you afford a lawyer when you can't pay your bills to being with?
>>When are you finally going to leave us like you promised in your fraudulent schneider report? Every second you are still here proves you are a liar.

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

How many lawsuits has your mother been involved in? Does her lawyer know about your complaints on this site? Does he know about this one in particular? Does Parkwood?

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

Parkwood will still be sued for defamation of character and slander

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Parkwood will still be sued for defamation of character & slander If the board of nursing finds my mother guilty. Parkwood filed this complaint In retaliation of the workers compensation claim.

He told my mother that will go agaisnt them @ the hearing.

The employee Is always found guilty

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

This Is my report. And I will have the last say. Why should I let people continue to write lies about me.

Ya'll say my mother deserved to be fired, yet ya'll don't live In alabama or know my mother. How can ya'll be the judge & be so judgemental.

All know nothing about the case ya'll come up with ya'lls own conclusions & judgements.

They lied about my mother & I know they did.

Because my mother had no problems until after the work injury, & I am getting harassed here on rip-off & unfairly lied about.

Its amazing employers can write anything on a piece of paper & say Its true, & the employee gets introuble.

But when an employee files a complaint agaisnt their employee for abuse or being treated unfairly, or being wrongfully fired.

When the employee files a charge with the eeoc, or the state or any other agencie who handles employer complaints. They always dismiss the complaints as being "unfounded".

But when an employer files a complaint agaisnt you or your license, the board or state "ALWAYS" believes the employer. Its called "DOUBLE STANDARD".

The state or board "ALWAYS" believes the employer regardless.

The employee Is always found "GUILTY". And the employee ends up losing there hom car & having to sell everything & end up living In a homeless shelter.

And It Is all for "NOTHING"!.

Thanx Patrick

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

But it is good advice that once again be ignored for Charles has a pity party story for everything and everyone that has crossed his and "poor" mommy's path
Growing up would take some energy and acceptance of responsibility for one's own actions
Charles and Mommy can't do that cause they like to blame, once again. everyone and everything for their own behaviors ie - they are not to blame for anything
Everyone is out to get them
Hey Charles the Bush family is moving in to their new home about 6 miles from me
I will be sure to tell them what a BIG fan you are
Trash is trash (you called me trash)
Stacey (too bad you cannot even spell my name right)

I know the truth

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

The statements from john are the lies, I am no theif or deadbeat.

Well I don't listen to him anymore but he still burden him & other people make It harder for me to get justice.

John baliently post things that are unfair & untrue about me, I post complaints agaisnt companies who take advantage of me.

And I post about lying employers who wrongfully terminate my mother.

And people believe the employer made the right decision to get rid of my mother.

I know they are lying & trying to screw & ruin my mother & me, but they are not going to get away with It.

Its sad that anyone can say anything about you on this site, they don't even know you & try to ruin you. They protect the bad business & make the consumer look bad.

#12 Consumer Suggestion

Charles, the problem with this is

AUTHOR: Patrick - (U.S.A.)

the fact that this did not happen to you personally. You also did not attend the hearings, and it's not you that Parkwood fired.

That's the whole point. YOU posted this report, but YOU were not the person involved. ANYTHING you post on this report is heresay, pure and simple. In a court of law, none of your 'facts' would be admissable. This happened to your mother. And if anything, SHE should be the one coming here to post about it, not you.

Many of us have tried to be reasonable with you, but you won't listen to anything if it doesn't agree with your twisted version of the world.

In all honesty, you'd be better off just not posting to these reports any longer. They're here, they'll never be deleted, and anyone searching a company on this site will find any report you've posted if it matches the proper criteria. For example, if I came here and searched 'Schneider', your report would be one that would come up.

However, you do not need to come on here and 'bump' your reports back to the top. They're here forever (unfortunately).

Now, if a new company rips you off, feel free to come on here and post about it. But please, no more reports like the one you did on the drivers from the city of Columbus, GA. That's just a waste of bandwidth.

Like?

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

Which statements about you are untrue? Who is intentionally lying about you and what are they saying and how is it a lie?

I have been unfairly lied about

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I have been unfairly lied about & things have been said about me that are untrue.

We should not have to put up with this because we are exposing these bad businesses, & being unfairly lied about.

It does not give people the right, to post these lies. But It doesn't bother me cause Its not true.

I can move on with life because I know they are not true, what people say about me on this site.

They fired my mother because of the workers comp claim

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Parkwood fired my mother because of the workers comp claim, my mother got tired of being lied about & being fired for no reason so my mother has a right to sue them.

So If they don't like the lawsuit they should not had lied about my mother or twisted the truth about.

But my question Is why did they hire my mother to begin with.

My mother isn't letting them get away with It like she did In the past.

I don't like them either.

Difficult?

AUTHOR: Devilsadvocate4education*just My Opinions* - (U.S.A.)

Relaying facts and attempting to prove your 'case' so to speak shouldn't be that difficult. Nor should disscussing the issues and factors involved with people who might not see it exactly the same way. I call it learning most of the time. Or seeking the truth. You simply prefer to state your opinions but not where or how you were led to them. You rarely respond to a question unless you think it was meant as an insult. If you would just be willing to PROVE your statements, you might not find things so difficult I think. *just my opinions*

Ya'll make things difficult

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Ya'll make things difficult. Ya'll get In the way of people seeking justice.

Here Is a thought why don't ya'll go back to your perfect little problem free life, & quit making things more difficult on rip-off report.

I haven't done anything wrong

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

To john I haven't done anything wrong. If people believe your lies they can go right ahead. I don't care what people think about me on this website.

Its amazing that people on this site can slander, you & post anything they want to about you. And they can get away with It.

John & others get In the way of people seeking justice on this site, so he slanders them.

Well nothing he says bothers me.

#19 Consumer Suggestion

Why did parkwood even hire my mother to begin with

AUTHOR: Kim - (U.S.A.)

They are probable asking themselves the same question.
How did we not notice this woman had so many problems.

Don't feel bad......no one trusts you.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

'Its all a bunch of lies from parkwood.'

>>Yes, you have lied about Parkwood.

'This Is In retaliation because my mother filed a workers compsenation claim.'

>>How do you know? YOU are not your mother. Posting as if you do know is fraud.

'It will be brought out In the hearing, my mother has also received copies of what they wrote to the unemployment office.'

>>What hearing the one that allegedly happened already that was settled or the one that hasn't happened where nothing was settled? It can't be both. You can't afford a lawyer as you claim to have no money so how are you going to any settlement?

'They put In there response they didn't observe my mother doing anything wrong.'

>>How do you know? YOU are not them. YOU are not your mommy. Posting as if you know makes you a liar and fraud.
When are you finally going to leave like you promised in your fraudulent schneider report?

That was wonderful

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

"I trust no employers know,..."

Since you are not an employee(never have been), does this really matter?

"...after how parkwood Is baliently lying. They just wont to get my mother introuble because of the workers compensation claim."

Sure. They like to spend money on attorneys rather than pocket the profits generated by good employees.

"You can't trust anyone today & you can't even hold a job because of this type of stuff,..."

Yet, nearly everyone who wants a job, can get a job. When do you start yours?

"...Its ok for them to lie & mess with your lively hood."

Your livelihood is called WELFARE!!! I would love to mess with it...by stopping the payments immediately.

"I do not know why they do not like my mother..."

It may have something to do with her frivolous lawsuit against them.

"...or why they would try to hurt her career."

From what I've read, her career is about the same as yours.

"But my mother Is going to put an end to It right know!."

She's going to grow up and get a job?!

"Its always something all the time one thing after the other, & It Is all for nothing."

Huh?!!!!

"I believe parkwood purposely cleaned & polished & buffed the floors so my mother could had this accident."

Yes...what were they thinking? The whole idea of keeping hospital floors cleaned and polished is just outrageous!!! They should let them stay dirty and sticky, so the germs will be happy.

"Parkwood caused this accident on purpose."

Of course they did. They knew following proper hygiene regulations would cause issues with your mother.

"Why did parkwood even hire my mother to begin with."

I'm sure they are asking themselves that very question.

I trust no employers know

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

I trust no employers know, after how parkwood Is baliently lying. They just wont to get my mother introuble because of the workers compensation claim.

You can't trust anyone today & you can't even hold a job because of this type of stuff, Its ok for them to lie & mess with your lively hood.

I do not know why they do not like my mother or why they would try to hurt her career. But my mother Is going to put an end to It right know!.

Parkwood caused this accident on purpose.

Why did parkwood even hire my mother to begin with.

Yes, you have posted many, many lies.

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

'Its all a bunch of lies from parkwood.'

>>Yes, you have lied about Parkwood.

'This Is In retaliation because my mother filed a workers compsenation claim.'

>>How do you know? YOU are not your mother. Posting as if you do know is fraud.

Its all a bunch of lies

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

Its all a bunch of lies from parkwood. This Is In retaliation because my mother filed a workers compsenation claim.

They put In there response they didn't observe my mother doing anything wrong.

Oh really ??

AUTHOR: Auburn Guy - (U.S.A.)

And what is the name of this "lawyer" your mommy hired ??? How was the case settled ?? Which judge presided ? How did your mommy come up with the money to hire this lawyer ?? What was the amount of the settlement ?? I'm willing to wager any amount of money that NONE of the above ever occured. Well, Chuckie, we're all waiting ! Of course, you will totally ignore this post, as you have been caught in more lies and refuse to deal with it. By the way, how are things going with Schneider, Parkwood, the Dept. of Labor, the EEOC, Swift, Winn-Dixie, the drivers in Phenix City and Columbus, Claude Raptis, the Phenix City Police Dept, Progressive Insurance, the citizens of Phenix City and Columbus who harrass you, etc., etc, etc. Geeezzz, Chuckie....is there ANYONE who isn't out to get you ????

But noting happened to 'you'

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

it allegedly happened to mommy so posting as if it happened to you and that you somehow know exactly what happened makes you a fraud. And no one believes for a second that anything was settled.
No lawyer is going to take a fraudulent case much less on commssion.

How could you afford a lawyer when you claim to have no money in all the collection reports you pollute?

#27 Consumer Suggestion

Injured Workers At Self-Insured Company's Awareness Rally

AUTHOR: Jerry - (U.S.A.)

Injured Workers At Self-Insured Company's Awareness Rally
(((Redacted))) Check the show out.This is happening all across America!! The injured workers of America do not have a chance for the deck is loaded. Here is a link for all injured workers to go to and sign! This may be our only chance at being heard.So come on America lets take America back for the working people that where injured at work! Please sign this Petition! (((Redacted)))

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

This situation has been resolved my former employer & the insurance company has agreed on a settlement for my knee injury & the wrongful termination.

But I am still ticked off from this emotional ordeal & mental anguish parkwood has put me threw for no reason, parkwood tried to ruin me but I won @ the end.

I should not had been put threw this. I decided to get me a lawyer then file a complaint with the eeoc for age discrimination because they do nothing to help people.

I had gotten a good workers comp lawyer I was not going to let them get away with this.

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I feel insulted buy what parkwood did

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Everything Is settled parkwood & the insurance company agreed to settle everything including the wrongful termination. I don't know why they thought they could get away with trying to ruin me.

Parkwood had no right to treat me like this & I already have exposed the truth for what they done to me & how they rape employees.

I am not talking about that kind of rape, its emotional rape with what parkwood did they embarassed me lied about me but they are having to pay out alot of money for what they put me threw.

To robert

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

After my mother got her lawyer it took almost a month, but they have started the payments back. Also my mother didn't have a slip & fall accident when she was working in georgia she had injury to her hand while she was doing her job.

They have lied so much & screwed everything up there is no chance for my mother to get unemployment, my mother found a new job in alabama.

This is where the slip & fall accident occured know my mother is on workers comp disability, the lawyer will still file a lawsuit agaisnt them & her former employer for the distress & slander & defamation.

Insurance company started back my payments

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

The workers comp insurance agreed to start back my payments my last payment was 04/04/2008 after my lawyer threaten them with a lawsuit & doing some research on past complaints they decided they had better start back paying me.

This is good news & relief for me I could had just easily gave up but I didn't I could not fight this buy myself while trying to recover from my injury I thought everything was fine until they stopped payment I had to get a lawyer.

But my lawyer will still sue my damanges I suffered & my former employer. I needed to update my report telling the insurance company started back my disability payments.

One victory for me.

Sorry but these people are going to be sued

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Sorry robert but these people are going to be sued the insurance company is pretty stupid if they are ignoring my lawyer they take there sweet time to get back to him. They might have screwed other people well they are not going to screw this person.

They have no right to be treating people like this knowing people can't go back to work & stopping there payments the lawyer says he is only to give them two more weeks to respond or start back the payments.

He says if they don't he will file a lawsuit they are going to give me a hardtime I am going to give them one back.

Good one Charles

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

I see you've learned to spell most words correctly...a huge imporovement over your previous attempts.

You still have no case, since this incident happened to your Mommy(not you) in Georgia, not Alabama.

Insurance company wants to give me a hardtime I will give them one back

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

The worker comp insurance people want to give me a hardtime I'll give them one back my lawyer is giving them 3 weeks to get things straiten out, they think they are smart ignoring my lawyer.

They will be sorry they ignored him until he slaps them with a lawsuit cause I have evidence to prove. This is wrong how they treat people they force people to go back to work with being injuried.

Well that is ok if working will cause me more damange that mean's they will have to pay more money @ the end.

Of course insurance companies will try to get away with doing people wrong.

Insurance companies should pay

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Insurance companies should have to pay for what they do to people, they accepted responsibilty & 3 months later they just stopped paying me. Know they are saying its not work related I was working when I had the accident.

How can these insurance companies make up lies to stop paying you & get away with it, & making people struggle. My lawyer says they are wrong & they can be introuble because they where already paying me & accepted responsibility.

Know I am having to struggle with paying my bills I might have to file banktruptcy so I will not lose my home or car I just have to let my other bills go & my credit will be ruined.

But its threw no fault of my own I can't go back to work I did get a lawyer because I would have been screwed If I didn't I am already screwed.

My lawyer said he is success in getting peoples money started back but he told me it will take time. I will update my report about the progress of my case.

I feel I had to make this complaint agaisnt them because I cannot let them get away with this.

Lawyer agreed to take the case

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I have found a workers comp lawyer who handle's this type of situation's, I told him the excuse they gave for stopping my payment. He Is very well aware of this insurance company & they have violated my right's.

He said I could sue for thousand's & I could sue my fomer employer for terminating he said he would file a lawsuit only If they did not start sending me my payment's again, & I have all the evidence.

He Is very well aware how this insurance company treat's injured employee's, they do this all the time he said. He said once he contact's them there Is a good chance I could get my money back.

I told him I am unable to work due to my knee injury, he told me I could not stand on it all day sense nursing requires me to be on my feet for 8 hour's or more.

I might have to find a job but If the damange get's worse it will only cause the insurance company to pay me more money.

This will be my last update to this report.