Complaint Review: Alaglas Pools

• Submitted: Thu, October 04, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: charlestonemt — Goose Creek South Carolina United States of America
Alaglas Pools
165 Sweet Bay Rd Saint Matthews, South Carolina United States of America

Alaglas Pools Non-existing Warranty Service Saint Matthews, South Carolina

I have a pool that was manufactured by Alaglas.  First, let me say that I LOVE the pool!  I also LOVE that they advertise a 50 year warranty.  Straight from their website: "Alaglas manufactures the strongest pools in the industry. This is why we are able to offer you a 50-year warranty with confidence. Our pools can be installed in almost any site and soil condition."

Unfortunately, they seem a lot more interested in simply selling new pools than standing behind their product as promised.  This is why my local pool shop doesn't buy pools from them at all anymore.

My pool has a large crack in the fiberglass, and it has been losing a significant amount of water for over 4 months.  This was when I made my first call to Alaglas to set up a warranty appointment.  I was told that unless I was losing water, they would wait until the end of the season for the repair.  I informed them that I was in fact losing water and needed service as soon as they could provide it.  The representative that handles warranty service claims (Edward) was extremely polite, courteous, and accommodating when working with me, and stayed in touch with me constantly.

I finally had service set up for Friday of this current week.  The warranty rep called early in the week and politely asked about the rain and ground conditions.  I told him that there was very little rain in the forecast for the rest of the week, and none whatsoever for Friday, the day that they would be doing the work.

My local pool company was to take responsibility for draining the pool and ensuring that it stays in the ground.  They said that they would still be able to drain it, because we have had a minimal amount of rain.  The local pool company called me yesterday afternoon (Wednesday) and stated that the owner of Alaglas, Juanita, told the service guy to cancel the appt. because of rain.

I called Alaglas this morning and spoke directly to Juanita who would not give me any information at all, other than that the service was cancelled because of rain.  She confirmed that the local pool company was responsible for draining the pool, and that there was a 0% chance of rain on the day that the service was scheduled, but maintained that the appointment was cancelled because of rain.  All she would say is, "You bought your pool from (the local company) so you need to speak to them, and they will contact me.   I can't give you any other information."

I then called my local pool company back and their response was, "I'm not surprised.  It will probably be rescheduled several more times before they actually get to you.  That's why we don't buy pools from them anymore."  The owner of the leak detection service that found that I was losing water said, "Good luck dealing with Alaglas.  The owner is terrible to deal with."  I didn't completely believe either of them until this morning when I actually spoke to her.  She basically hung up on me after telling me that I shouldn't call them again.

How are these people still in business?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 07:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alaglas-Pools/Saint-Matthews-South-Carolina-29135/Alaglas-Pools-Non-existing-Warranty-Service-Saint-Matthews-South-Carolina-950686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alaglas Pools