Complaint Review: Alameda County Sheriff Office

• Reported By: annie — pleasanton California United States of America
Alameda County Sheriff Office
15001 foothill Boulevard San leandro Internet United States of America

Alameda County Sheriff Office RIP OFF Internet

I was stop by a sheriff and I was told that I did not stop by the first stop sign and I did however stop on the second stop sign. I did not want to argue with the sheriff and I was in a hurry. I do recall that the sheriff told me to WAIT for 30 days and I will received something from the mail. Then now after 30 days , I got the citation in the mail fining me an ADDITIONAL $40 for NOT paying it on time. The original citation fee is $100. So now , its going to be $140.  I called up the Sheriff office and they insisted that the officer told me that I have to pay it within 30 days. And I told them that if he would have told me that, I would have paid it immedietly. And i would not have waited for 30 days. And I told them probably there are several people have complaint about being told to wait for 30 days then received the extra $40 as a fine. I was blamed for not reading the back of the citation. Which is true. But then again I can barely read the back of it , the fine print is so small that you need a pair of reading glasses to see it. And when you are upset, you will not even read it , you just want to leave the area and do what you need to do. AND i was told that nobody made a complaint about being told to wait for 30 days.  then receiving an additional $40. And in which I could also be wrong on this. So by posting this, i want to know if anybody out there had the same problem like mine. If anybody out there, had the same problem and complaint then there is definitely a problem with the Alameda Sheriff department.

PLUS  an additional $40 is a RIP OFF. Not even credit card companies charge that high for late fees.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/31/2010 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alameda-County-Sheriff-Office/internet/Alameda-County-Sheriff-Office-RIP-OFF-Internet-587957. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alameda County Sheriff Office