Complaint Review: Alamo Car Rental

• Reported By: LoriLG — Albuquerque New Mexico United States of America
Alamo Car Rental
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Alamo Car Rental $500 Alamo Gift Card only wrth $230!!! Dallas, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: We're Listening.

I paid $500 for an Alamo gift card to give to my sister.  One month later she found she would not get to travel so she gave it to me.

I reserved a truck online for a weekend in Dallas.  When I checked in, the counter clerk informed me that the value of the gift card that I had just paid $500 for was only worth $230.  When I asked her why, she replied, "because that is the way it is".

When I returned home and contacted the corporate office to ask for a better explanation, their answer was "because that is the way it is."  They are merged with National Car Rental so neither of those companies will ever get my business in the future!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo-Car-Rental/Dallas-Texas-/Alamo-Car-Rental-500-Alamo-Gift-Card-only-wrth-230-Dallas-Texas-911234. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo Car Rental

We're Listening.

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - (USA)

We would like to look further into your situation.  Please email care[at]alamo.com with your contact information, the reservation number, any of the individuals names you spoke with, and any other details.

When emailing please list reference # 120716-001155 in the subject line.

-Amanda