Complaint Review: Alamo Car Rental

• Updated: Wed, April 03, 2013

• Reported By: Geoff Gregory — Market Harborough Other
Alamo Car Rental

Alamo Car Rental Charged for extra that I didn't request Internet

*Author of original report: Alamo resolved my Complaint.

This is a copy of my recent email to Alamo regarding my being charged for their Roadside Plus.

Sirs

I have been a frequent and loyal customer of Alamo; most recently as stated below.

It is with a certain degree of regret therefore that I now need to write my very first ever letter of complaint. Details as follows:

When I arrived at the Alamo Rental Counter at Orlando International Airport on the 2/23/2012 at 6:50pm, I handed a copy of my Booking Confirmation (as below) to the counter clerk. After providing him with the other items requested, he asked me if I was interested in upgrading to a larger vehicle. I informed him that I did not wish to do so. He then handed to me a copy of the relevant documentation where he had placed an 'X' in the places that he stated required my initials and signature.

As I had not been offered any other additional options, and neither did I request any additional items, I was dismayed and annoyed to see upon my return of the vehicle that I had been billed an additional $179.64 (plus tax) for 'Roadside Plus'.

At no time had I requested 'Roadside Plus' and if it was an item, that I had been instructed by the counter clerk to initial , then I did so under misrepresentation by your counter clerk.

I therefore request that you conduct your own internal investigation and refund me the over-charged sum at the earliest possible date.

Thanking you in advance for your prompt attention.

Sincerely

Geoff G

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2013 11:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo-Car-Rental/internet/Alamo-Car-Rental-Charged-for-extra-that-I-didnt-request-Internet-1040016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo Car Rental

Alamo resolved my Complaint.

AUTHOR: Geoff Gregory - ()

Here's the reply I received from Alamo within 12 hours of their receiving my email.

So Alamo still rocks !

My advice is that if you have a complaint with Alamo email them at: care@alamo.com as I did.

I am the Operations Manager here at the Orlando Airport for Alamo.

I came across your query with our corporate department, and wanted to personally reach out to you to rectify any outstanding issues.

Per my research, it seems that you were charged for a Roadside service plan that you did not intend to purchase. Althought my records indicate that you indeed signed for said coverage plan, I have gone ahead and refunded the amount due to the duration or your rental stay with us.

These charges have been refunded back to the CC on file, and should show on your account in 24-48 business hours. The amount of the refund after tax is 165.65.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions, and thanks for choosing Alamo!

Operations Manager