Complaint Review: Alamo Rent A Car

• Updated: Wed, August 29, 2012

• Reported By: Pissed — Slaton Texas United States of America
Alamo Rent A Car
Dallas, Texas United States of America

Alamo Rent A Car Damage Recovery Unit Sent letter to my address claiming damages to a rental vehicle. We have not rented or been involved in accident. Dallas, Texas

*Author of original report: resolved

I was sent a letter from Alamo rent a car damage recovery unit stating they had a claim against me for damage to one of their rental vehicles. We have not rented a car or been involved in any accident. Called their number to clarify and was told that their computers were down and they would get back to me. I also googled Alamo rent a car damage recovery unit and it pulled up several letters of people complaining about actually renting a car and receiving similar letters claiming damages.? I smell a Rat!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2012 08:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo-Rent-A-Car/Dallas-Texas-75284/Alamo-Rent-A-Car-Damage-Recovery-Unit-Sent-letter-to-my-address-claiming-damages-to-a-ren-933068. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo Rent A Car

resolved

AUTHOR: relief - (USA)

This has been resolved due to further investigation. Turns out their was a lack of communication by Alamo recovery unit which lead to my paranoia. My daughter had the accident with one of their vehicles but they put my wife's name on the letter. We are still waiting for a police report but another lady at Alamo was very helpful. Please disregard the rat comment.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC