Complaint Review: Alamo Rent A Car

• Submitted: Tue, February 09, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, February 09, 2010

• Reported By: Kelly — Portland Oregon United States of America
Alamo Rent A Car

Alamo Rent A Car National, Vanguard letter saying I hit their rental when I wasn't even in the state! Internet

I received a letter from Alamo Rent-A-Car stating I was responsible for damage to their car driven by their renter in San Diego 11/13/09. I was working an 11-hour shift that day in Oregon, and the last time I was in San Diego was 1970. I believe Alamo is trying to commit fraud on me because I found MANY similiar complaints on the web. I'm in a better position than the stories I've read, because I have proof I wasn't even in the state! I've filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and I urge everyone to do the same. Also the USPS for mail fraud and the FBI. They have to be stopped now! When I told Alamo what I think, they said it would be taken care of, (they would drop it because they knew they'd harassed the WRONG person), but I said I was not going to let this go, THEY are in trouble, and she hung up on me. This was after I asked for the address of the alleged accident so I could get a police report, and she didn't know it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2010 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo-Rent-A-Car/internet/Alamo-Rent-A-Car-National-Vanguard-letter-saying-I-hit-their-rental-when-I-wasnt-even-in-566924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo Rent A Car