Complaint Review: Alamo Rental Car - Div. of Enterprise Holdings

• Submitted: Wed, November 21, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: J C Clarke — lexington Kentucky United States of America
Alamo Rental Car - Div. of Enterprise Holdings
Alamo- Dulles Intl Airport 23430 Autopilot Dr Dulles, Virginia United States of America

Alamo Rental Car - Div. of Enterprise Holdings Bogus damage shakedown for $ Dulles, Virginia

*Author of original report: opportunity to respond

*UPDATE Employee: Alamo Cares

I returned a rental car undamaged to Alamo. About 3 days later I received a letter form Alamo Damage Recovery Unit in TX stating the rental car had been danaged by hail during my rental and to immediately pay them $ 895.

My insurance carriers researched and confirmed there was no hail, rain or storms in the area during my rental plus my rental car was primarily garaged during my meetings and hotel overnight. Photos provided by Alamo were such that no visible evidence could be readily observed by me or my insrance carriers.

My efforts to have a reasonable discussion with the Alamo Damamge recovery group has been useless as all they can say is "send $ it's my fault" and they hung up on my insurance carrier when they disputed the claim. My last conversation resulted in them changing their story "we never said anyhting about hail" (although I have correspondence saying differently) and that I owed them and there would be loss of use penalties and interest assessed - when I protested the agent hung up on me and sent me another 'pay-up now letter"

I am willing to fight this but feel like I'm hitting a stone wall and nobody @ Alamo gives a hoot. Will certainly be last tiem I rent from them or an Enterprose affiliated company if this is not resolved

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo-Rental-Car-Div-of-Enterprise-Holdings/Dulles-Virginia-20166/Alamo-Rental-Car-Div-of-Enterprise-Holdings-Bogus-damage-shakedown-for-Dulles-Virg-972270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo Rental Car - Div. of Enterprise Holdings

opportunity to respond

AUTHOR: J C Clarke - (United States of America)

I will be happy to re-tell my story now that someone cares to listen and send email you requested

Oddly nobody seemed to care or even want to talk to me until I made my posting -- that's not the way companies should treat customers but I appreciate your prompt rebuttal and willingness to be open minded

Alamo Cares

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - (USA)

Weve taken note of your complaint and would like to have the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please send us a detailed email to care[at]alamo.com including the exact rental location, your contact information, your rental agreement or reservation number and any additional details regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 121121-001951 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Respectfully,